What is a book you found useful for your professional development?

Kartal Erkoc
31 replies
For me, the classical one "How to Win Friends & Influence People" was very helpful for building better relationships during my early career.

Replies

Bjorn Gustafsson
The Leadership Challenge By: Jame Kouzes and Barry Posner
John Morrison
Clean Code by Robert C. Martin
Grace Hur
The 10 types of innovation! Innovation is not always about having a novel product idea.
Elif Duran
Inspired: How to Create Tech Products Customers Love, by Marty Cagan
Ivo Scherkamp
From "Good to Great"
Kartal Erkoc
@ivo_scherkamp Thank you for sharing, this goes to my wishlist! 📚
Franziska Kroll
Reinventing organizations by Frederic Laloux. Great if you want to learn about self-organized teams and purposeful work.
Josh Russ
"Build" by Tony Fadell He built the iPod/iPhone @ Apple then started Nest. Such a great read!
Kartal Erkoc
@apple @josh_russ1 I enjoy success stories! Adding to my list, thank you Josh!
Kartal Erkoc
@mimih_arteaga Will look into that as well, thank you! :)
Luis Enrique Medina
Unfuck Yourself by Gary John Bishop and Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely. Both books go a long way when exploring concepts of relationships, perspective and the way to handle life.
Kartal Erkoc
@medinaluis Thanks for sharing these Luis. Also, Predictably Irrational seems like a good read for behavioural psychology, can't wait to read that! 👌🏼
Sanjay Somashekar
Never split the difference by Chris Voss is super helpful as it helps us understand a lot on being attentive and learning more about the person we are dealing with than jumping on what we are trying to achieve!
Kartal Erkoc
@sanjay_somashekar I totally agree! I enjoyed a lot reading that book. Especially the conversation with Harvard professors in that room was quite an interesting beginning.
Marko Rakic
From zero to one - Peter Thiel. Atomic habits by James Clear.
Kartal Erkoc
@marko_rakic2 Thanks Marko! Atomic habits gave a good insight and helped me to take some action as well. And even today I'm still following it whether it is to read only one page a book, or one push-up a day, just to keep my habits alive.
Chetan Natesh
Up the organization by Robert Townsend.
Harshavardhan Reddy
Own Your Niche by Staphanie Chandler
Robbert White
How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie...Our Financial Consultant & Advisor will help you plan & save for your financial goals. Visit us now!