What inspired you to become what you are today?

Mayank Gupta
9 replies
For me, it was my elder brother. He was the only software dev I knew from childhood and I fancied what he wrote on his terminal and made things happen. Since then!

Replies

Somnath Sandeep
@mayank_gupta11do you mean people, or philosophies?
Somnath Sandeep
@mayank_gupta11 love that! seeing behaviour like that during childhood really changes one's mindset. we learn a lot through mimicking, and observing behaviors of people around us during our childhood.
Somnath Sandeep
@mayank_gupta11 hahaha that'd be an extremely long list. i'll just mention my mother here, for the broad and open minded person that she is. despite coming from a comparatively orthodox/conservative family, she reminds me that your mental, and spiritual freedom is a moment of realization away. it's right there!
Mayank Gupta
@somnathsandeep Well, I can relate with you at another level on this topic. My mom is exactly the same. She always gave me the freedom to experiment and learn new things.
Mayank Gupta
@somnathsandeep both man. Just anything and anyone who inspired you!
Raghav Goyal
Nothing to be honest. Just went with the flow looking for more exciting experiences.
Mayank Gupta
@rg97 your craving for excitement inspired you to become what you are today.
Stuti Agarwal
Roald Dahl and Venky Vembu. The later is a dear friend, teacher and godfather who perhaps first saw the potential of being a writer in me.
RASHI JAIN
Experiences in life and some people who gave me a lot of wisdom in my growing years, during my bachelors in a far away land from home in Jammu and Kashmir