What features could travel apps offer that you would find relevant and useful?

Arina Aparina
53 replies
Hi guys! The last two years have set a new era of travel upon us, and travelers' needs have changed in turn. What features could travel apps offer that you would find relevant and useful?

Replies

MexicanZombie
Wheel of random places to go (with real tickets ofc)
Natalie Sergeychik
Map of the visited countries and favorite places )
Arina Aparina
@sergeychik oh great idea! Always used excel for that lol
Dasha Smirnova
A map where you can mark countries (like Mark O'Travel, which is my fav) & cashback
Simon
Feature that shows a list of papers you should prepare to visit a country. It's nice to compare different destinations and choose the best option
Andrei Raudson
Some useful info about the airports would be great. Like, is there a sleeping pod, is there free water, where's a nice coffee place, etc...
Meffody
A list of tips with information on how to get to the place you want. With the ability to share with friends. And, of course, to buy tickets right away
Igor Kamyshev
Cashback, of course!
Max Bach
I spend 30 minutes to find a place with good breakfasts in every town. I search guides on Google and go through Google Maps. And it's exhausting. But I don't know how to solve the problem)
moo
it would be cool if it was possible to look for flight/train/bus tickets on a map. For example I'm in Phuket looking for nearby destinations to celebrate the New Year — it would be great to see all my options on a map with prices for my dates and travel restrictions for all destinations
JohnnyT
I thinks feature like "my future travels" would be amazing. It like all my tickets/hotels booking in one place by date and i can click and see all saved information about it
Fabrice Le Blanc
I guess some form of inspiration for me to choose where to go – articles, blogs, guides. That and perhaps information on what events are going on in various cities for my chosen dates.
Lodovico Sella
Travel Journal, navigation services and translation functionality. I know its a lot but I feel it'll be very useful. 😅
Natalie Sergeychik
By the way, the most useful travel features have been already included in this app: https://www.producthunt.com/post... So grateful for the opportunity to try this product in my upcoming trips to US national parks.
Natalia D
I'm looking for hidden gems in every city I visit. Really love to see not only touristic places, but also city's real vibes
Alick
As a traveler, I would love to monitor cheap tickets anywhere in one place. I mean not a planned trip, when bought tickets 3 months in advance, but cheap ticket sales with a departure the next day
Anastasia Sharples
I think a travel journal would be great, if the app would just save all the places you've visited, maybe even attaching pictures from your phone gallery to the places you've been to. It'd be so great to go through it when we grow old :) Like a modern photo album our parents and grandparents used to have!
Vasili Chyrvon
@anastasia_sharples Or get the tracks of your fligths, paint it with lines on the map and find some well known pictures that match your fligths graphics )))
Alena Gudz
I would love to see the map of my travels-visited countries, that would be so cool!
Sonu
@alena_gudz Any Travel app should have travel features such as Flight tracking, Itinerary Planning information, Destination travel recommendation, Map and navigation, Flight booking and local attractions.
Oksana Moisis
I've thought of a tab where you could find all the records of your past trips, it's just fun to remember what places you've been to so far))
Maria Zemlianaia
For me it is travel advice and support. I'm really scared of all problematic situation I can imagine, from getting lost in an airport to air companies not answering my requests. I would love to have access to sufficient amount of information that I can count on
Vasili Chyrvon
The "leap of faith"! Ask for preferred dates, my visas, travel budget and when I click the button just buy me a travel, hotel and the Plus support. You got all of the services to allow this! :)