What does mindful productivity mean to you?

Jana Schellong
63 replies
For us at beams it means working with more intention and doing one thing after the other. Instead of working faster and faster and multi-tasking.

Replies

Izabela Tomica
Maintaining hygiene of my mental health and work - life balance. -Taking breaks and working in my own pace. I stopped forcing myself to work in the morning if I feel more inspired in the evenings etc.
Jana Schellong
@tomitomcat Thank you Izabela! It's so important to understand your own rhythm and allowing yourself to work in synch with your chronotype.
Michael Sieb
For me it means remembering to take regular breaks.
Jana Schellong
@michael_sieb Oh yes, taking breaks (even better: at the right time) is soo important! By the way, thank you so much for being an early beams user! We are working on our focus mode to make the break reminders even better πŸ™Œ
Robert P
Meeting the deadlines.
Marko Rakic
For me, it's doing things as fast as possible while not getting burned out.
Jana Schellong
@marko_rakic2 That's an interesting one. How do you ensure you're not getting burned out?
Richard Gao
For me, it means less getting lots of work done and more getting work done on things that matter the most. For example, reading an entire book on product management in a day might be getting lots of work done, but getting only a small button on my website working would be getting something done that matters more despite being less total "work" put in.
Susan Watt
Mindful productivity can be defined as being consciously present in what you're doing, while you're doing it,
Josh Freeland
this is a great thread to read and understand different perspectives. thanks for sharing. I am actually building an AI email client focusing on productivity so it is great to see what everyone thinks of the meaning
Jana Schellong
@joshfreeland do you have a coming soon page? Would love to follow. Here is ours: https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
Ekaterina Arbuzova
Focusing on one task at a time, achieving it, and only then moving on to the next. No multi-tasking
Jana Schellong
@katerina_arbuzova Yes! So with you on that one - and ideally starting with tackling the biggest priority first.
Veena Naik
Working on tasks that help me explore and learn new things on the way is mindful productivity for me. Using every minute of the day to do something that has a real impact on business and people makes me feel happy and mindfully productive at the end of the day. That said, there are days when you have no control on things and you end up doing boring repetitive work (such as sheets :( ). But asking "did I really learn anything new in this task and what impact do these two hours have on the business" helps me understand if my day was truly productive and improvise.
Jana Schellong
@veena_p Nice, I really like the idea of learning as part of mindful productivity. Thanks for sharing!
Chetan Natesh
If you're having to do ALOT for minimal result for longer periods, you need to ask some questions.
Philip Snyder
When I here mindful productivty I think of something like making the right tradeoffs for a productive environment. Something like not over optimizing for productivity
Ben Keller
For me it means getting the items on my to-do list that I least want to start, done first. The relief of completing these tasks allows me to attack the rest of the day in a great headspace.
Jana Schellong
@ben_keller2 Thanks for sharing. How about instead of starting with the one you like the least, tackle with the top priority or the most impactful one first?
Ben Keller
@jana_schellong It is a really good point. The task that has me the most uncomfortable is often times an important one. Even if it isn't, once I get that out of the way, it sets me up to tackle the rest with a better mindset. It might be completely psychological, but it is a similar sensation to starting off the day with a workout.
Sofia Li
For me it's stayed focused on one thing at a time.
Sanjay Somashekar
For me mindful productivity is when I'm working on a task to stay focussed and complete it in under the time I assumed it would take initially.
Alessandro Canella
Great thought! Makes me look back at my hectic work routine. Anyways, my idea for mindful productivity is to not negatively compare my work with the world. Keep it simple, give my best and enjoy the process. :)
Sofia Li
@alessandro_canella True. Keep it simple and stay focused
Nandini Sundaram
To be able to work in context, even when switching between them without taking time to get used to the switching.
Jana Schellong
@nandini_sundaram Such an interesting thought. What does working in context actually mean to you?
Sherry Xena
It means to me that I can seriously think about how to make an analysis report instead of being interrupted by other things
Sherry Xena
@jana_schellong Yes!I hope to focus more on analysis rather than always dealing with some miscellaneous matters
Astra Zeneza
Mindful productivity can mean different things to different people. For some, it may mean taking time out of their day to focus on themselves and explore their own emotions and feelings. For others, mindful productivity involves developing personal habits that are geared towards creating a more efficient work environment like always https://metalroofingrichmondva.com/
MANOJ DAVE
For me its setting achievable targets
Pranjali Bagal
Mindful productivity refers to the practice of being fully aware and attentively engaged with what you're doing in order to achieve your objectives. By focusing on the present, you are able to improve your concentration, work ethic, and overall performance. Additionally, mindful productiveness helps minimize distractions and allows you to be more task-oriented. The benefits of mindful productivity go well beyond improving your career or personal life; it has also been shown to have a positive effect on stress levels, relationships, mental health (e.g., reducing anxiety or depression), physical health (e.g., increasing energy levels), creativity/innovation abilities, emotions (including alleviating guilt or regret), and sleep quality/ Quantity. So why not start practicing mindfulness today by becoming more attentive when working on tasks? You may just discover that it is one of the best investments that you ever make!