What do you use Product Hunt most for?

Sushrut Chafadker
21 replies
Hi everyone, I am rather new to Product Hunt and have seen it being used for a variety of things. What is it that you use product hunt most for from a creator perspective!?

Replies

Matt Harbord
Lot's of those! It's hard to pick one. Rank order: 1) Visibility (but only really when you launch, or have launched) 2) Find new (or existing! products) 3) Feedback 4) Meet I'd say when I joined I expected to use it mostly for feedback; but it's pretty hit and miss in this regard. I try to offer as much feedback to anyone who asks as possible - but I think (understandably) that a lot of people are only here briefly, and (sadly) exclusively for self promotion. I think visibility is difficult too - the most successful at that are basically comment spamming in the run up to launch - and there's no way to penalise that behaviour... I've been most surprised at how much I've used it to solve problems I've had while building - if I need something (like a feedback widget for example) my first stop is now to search "feedback" here and see what's been launched in the last few years. Tell me, are you building something? Or here primarily for something else?
Sushrut Chafadker
@matt_harbord thanks for the detailed reply. I see as well that most of the people are here for growth hacking. I am here mainly to interact with like minded people and also validate a few ideas I have. Are you building something at the moment?
Matt Harbord
@sushrut_chafadker yep, WxTxt.co (which should be launching soon) and also digging in to some product hunt data around "what makes a good PH launch" which I hope I can share as a product as well (albeit free)
Sushrut Chafadker
@matt_harbord sounds great. Wishing you luck with the venture. Curious to hear details one what makes for a good PH launch
Abid Unnisa
Learning about new products!! Notion Ai and chatgpt being the two best ones!!!
Charlie Kor
I am focusing on idea validation and networking.
Sushrut Chafadker
@charlie_lee1 interesting, want to do the same, do you use it pre-launch?
Charlie Kor
@sushrut_chafadker I don't see pre-launch as the primary reason, but it could certainly help. My main goal is to connect with others, share feedback, and providing value each other along the way! I really think that keeping up with consistent engagement is going to take us straight to our goals! Are you in the process of building a product?
Sushrut Chafadker
@charlie_lee1 thats sounds great! Would love to provide feedback for your app. I already have a Product. An app called Taskzen, but I am as well in the process of conceptualising a couple of more ideas
Bakemono Fra
I use it to discover new tools but also to connect with like-minded people
Sushrut Chafadker
@bakemono yes i see that it is quite an active community, very dedicated product enthusiasts. What is your background if I may ask? :)
Sushrut Chafadker
@lyaisandi indeed! Have you met some people that have helped you professionally or do you mean to meet cool and interesting people in general
Sushrut Chafadker
@jonathan_grimes and how has it been going? Are you happy with the product hunt reach