What do you think of Google sunsetting Optimize and pushing paid A/B testing platforms?

Jason Andries
5 replies
Google recently announced it would be sunsetting Google Optimize and would come back with something similar in GA4. It was later announced that they won't and they now push paid A/B testing platforms with GA integrations instead of offering a free alternative. What do you think of this strategy? Will it affect a lot of small businesses?

Replies

sharan kumar reddy vallapureddy
Try CustomFit.ai. We can workout on the budgets.
Sherry Xena
I think it will affect some enterprises
Jason Andries
@sherryxena I think it will mainly affect small businesses with a limited budget because the platforms they offer are all quite expensive
Google's decision to sunset Google Optimize and not provide a free alternative could be a financial burden for small businesses, but the paid A/B testing platforms that Google is promoting may offer more advanced features and integrations that could be valuable for those who are willing to pay for them.
Jason Andries
@sandradjajic I think it will mainly affect small businesses indeed. Even though they may offer more advanced features and integrations, from what I've seen/hear they're all quite expensive, especially for teams with limited budgets.