What do you think of 100% remote work? Need Suggestions to implement!

Hashir Ahmed
9 replies

Replies

John Carmichael
I don't know how nice the experience is for new members of the workforce... for established professionals though, it is a no-brainer. People don't drift when they have intrinsic motivation for the job. If the mgmt team cannot figure that out for the team and then pulls them into the office so they can use the stick... you're in a bad place as a whole with your company. That being said, without the right tooling it fails. But the right tooling is different from team to team. A few common things for all teams types IMO: 1 - Transparency... this is 2-way, top down and bottom up. People need to know what the expectations are, what the direction is. Everyone needs to know where the boundaries are. 2 - Good, fast & open lines of communication... nobody like the person in the team that is poor at communication. It slows things down, makes people wonder why the communication is bad etc. 3 - Good structure of data... if you have to think where to put a document then in our opinion the structure is poor... this leads to a birds nest of things all over the place which results in annoyance... ultimately leading to things falling apart. 4 - Picking the right team members for your company... a toxic attitude in 1 employee can be devastating for the surrounding team. 5 - Trust... with the other things in place, you have to trust the team member will accomplish their goal. Just the say way the employee trusts you are picking the right direction for the company. If you have all that in place... 100% remote works. It works for us and a lot of other companies too.
André J
Launching soon!
Has pros and cons. People will drift when remoting.
Uma Venugopal
Not a fan of the idea. If you've spent maybe a few months irl and then switch to remote, I think that should be okay since you've built the initial relationship but it's not everyone's cup of tea.
Richa Sharma
We are a 100% remote working company. How can I help?
Hashnimo
I think it's good, despite what Elon Musk said.
Ryan Tando - Dezbor.com
As a worker I prefer 100% remote but as a manager/founder I prefer hybrid
It is very important to stay in sync, I highly recommend having daily stand-ups to catch-up and plan the day as a team ahead.
Heleana Grace
It's very doable. In fact, more and more companies are switching to 100% remote work because it's cost-effective and doesn't affect productivity. That doesn't mean it won't have challenges (it's harder to build connections and not everyone's internet/devices work just as seamlessly) but there are ways to overcome then.
Mei
100% do it. It's the best thing ever.