What do you think about Docker?

Leon Konrady
8 replies

Replies

jonny vince
Docker helps run software smoothly, making things easier for developers.
Paolo Go
I use it for all my projects. It saves me a lot of time, I can create containers in a few minutes. They are portable, I can develop locally and then run the container in my production servers. Also, I don't have to install anything on the server, since all is containerized, and I'm always on the latest version of php, mysql, nginx, because the updates are just a matter of changing a line in the docker-composer, downloading the image and building up. Simply love it.
Leon Konrady
@access24 do you think there is a better alternative or is Docker the best one out there?
Paolo Go
@neonidas_27 I’m not sure whether there are better alternatives, I need to do some research. But docker is definitely a great solution. And if you scale up, it’s also easy to increase or decrease resources by adding or removing containers. Even better if they are orchestrated with platforms like kubernetes
Sambit Bhaumik
It's simply amazing. I use it on our university GPU clusters to run models for training. I'll admit that it took me a while to learn the fundamentals and get it up running, but after that all of my work has been a breeze.
Coro
It's a life saver, your peers can work on the project without going through the hassle of installing stuff locally on their system. It also works very well on production
Aris Nakos
1) It's been one of the biggest profit makers for cloud services. AWS Lambda essentially runs container instances on demand for certain tasks by making them API endpoints. It's just brilliant. 2) Helps me deploy & test code, as I were to on a cloud provider.