What do you pay attention to in the subject line and preview text of the emails?

Janset Angı
9 replies
What performs better? Personally, I pay attention to time and specific targeting.

Replies

Victoria Lazario
Definitely subject line matter the most. 50% of your mail depends on it.
Richard Gao
There is nothing in particular I pay attention to specifically, but there are words that turn me off. Mentioning my name puts me off from opening it. It's said to be a way to build authenticity, but with so many apps that can easily do it now, it has the opposite effect. Be honest and straightforward that your cold email you send to me is well, a cold email. Numbers denoting that their product is xyz% off. Unless it's something I'm already subscribed to specifically for deals, do not try to sell me your product by giving a discount when I don't even know what your product is. I am more receptive to non-rhetorical questions though. If I see something asking me a genuine question then there's a greater chance I respond since it seems more authentic. Once I respond then there's obviously a greater chance to get me interested in your product since I'd now be a warmer lead.
Janset Angı
@richard_gao2 Too much customization sometimes bothers me too. I think for people who are interested but haven't made a transaction yet, discounts can be a good incentive to try. I love the power of questions as well! They're effortlessly engaging. Thanks for sharing!
Richard Gao
@janset_angi 100%, if you have some way to track interest but have not made a purchase, you could issue a special discount to only those customers. Do be wary not to mention something like "we've noticed your interest in these products so we've given you a discount!", most people I've spoken with find it unsettling.
Adam Kershner
Honestly, at this point, I'm just looking for creativity and humor. I already know that many emails stem from automated campaigns and there are so many tactics that try to convert me 🤦‍♂️ Plus, I know if I don't unsubscribe, I'll get 6-7 followup emails. At the end of the day, someone's trying to sell me something! Not news or anything, and everyone knows this. However, there are a couple of types of emails that I actually want to look at and think about, which are authentic "collab," "collaboration," and "partnership" type emails. If someone is genuinely trying to propose a collab/partnership, I am open to understanding how it could work, and if it makes sense, I'll write back. But other than that, I'm just hoping a cold email is at least humorous!
Janset Angı
@adamthecreator True, at some point you can read intentions. I absolutely agree with you, I find emails that are authentic and have a sparkle of intelligence, that communicate with me on a one-to-one basis, much more authentic.
Albina muro
i was just browsing along and came upon your blog. just wanted to say good blog and this article really helped me. cat
Albina muro
I found this is an informative and interesting post so i think so it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. small family pets