What do you do the next day after launch?

Swapnil D Puranik
15 replies

Replies

Priyanka Singh
This is such a simple but powerful question. I am a first time founder and what i realised launching my 2 product iterations was something i now coin as "Launch Anxiety" πŸ˜‚. I believe that every founder gets it sometime before a launch and it grows during and gets worse after. This has happened to me and to my fellow founder friends, Every Time. As I came across this question and I thought I'll share with you and others here, what my approach is for my MVP launching soon. 😬 "Remember, startup is a slow and long game, I'll remind myself to be patient. Patient enough to stay focused. Anxiety always creeps in when you believe your work should show results immediately! It's the achiever in us. Which will be followed by overthinking when things aren't happening fast enough" So what I will do this time- I'll take the day off after launch. Its done. for the moment. and not a lot will happen in 24 hours. I'll try to explore with my eyes and give my brain a day off. πŸ’™
Swapnil D Puranik
@priianca_singh LOVE this, Priyanka! I did exactly that...took a day off after the launch and was just observing how things are unfolding - traffic to website, messages i was receiving, etc. Joined the dots, identified certain themes...and starting today (Monday), I plan to take action - reach out 1:1, incorporate feedback with value, etc. Thanks for sharing this perspective! So often, we forget to pause, appreciate what we have done, plan next steps, and then act. I tell (and remind) myself, it is the process - I have to enjoy it.
Good question - gonna follow this πŸ˜€
Ryan Tando - Dezbor.com
Check user behavior and follow up to them through email
Charlotte Chiang
Engage, engage, engage with the community to get the word out and build momentum. Track bugs like crazy & ship quick fixes. Have fun & smile :)
Richard Gao
Maybe I should have purchased a product hunt promotion for evoke-app.com haha But what I mainly did was post a recap on twitter.
Swapnil D Puranik
@richard_gao2 I have seen some products create a whole lot of content for Twitter and LinkedIn talking about the launch experience and learning. Guess it is a good tactic. Planning to do the same this week. thanks for sharing, Richard!
roger daniel
wait for a positive response!
Oxana
Say thanks to all the team! πŸ’ͺcommunicate with community, track feedback and take some coffee 😁
Swapnil D Puranik
@oxana_ivanova agreed, to acknowledge the support of team and cheerleaders is so important. thanks for sharing, Oxana! All the best for your upcoming launch.