What do you consider a successful PH launch?

Devluc
12 replies
King of the hill, top 5, making it on the homepage? What makes a successful launch for you. Maybe getting 2000 visitors on your website or 10 paying customers. Let me know the launch performance indicator for your specific product.

Replies

Devluc
@jack_jung True. How much? Is there a realistic number that makes it successful for you?
Vladimir Malyavko
Exactly: we want to have 1000 visitors and 300 page to be created with our landing page editor. By the way, you can support us: producthunt.com/products/momentum-page
Devluc
@vladimir_malyavko I subscribed to be notified to support. Check out the website in my bio for after launch. To get you more exposure
stoica stefan
Besides those, I would look at the complete strangers who try it and then adopt it.(not just supporters or current users) It is revealing to talk with them as they are the exact profile where your use case and messaging resonates the most in the current phase. Of course you then can replicate targeting similar people and see if it scales.
Devluc
@stoica_stefan Thank you Stefan. So new users are important to you. How many from a launch would you consider good enough for a successful effort? Maybe a number to quantify
stoica stefan
@luciantartea I guess the expectations depend on the stage of the product and how plausible it is that the users are also people who use product hunt. another benchmark is to look for similar projects that launched in the past and try to compare.
Success is subjective, like deciding whether pineapple goes on pizza. For me, a successful PH launch means making real connections with the community and getting valuable feedback🍾
Devluc
@realvladgolub Thank you Vlad. That's what I was looking for. The subjective answer. The personal objective of a maker when launching to consider the day a success. For example when I launched my product I realistically wanted to be in Top 5 and I landed on 5 ultimately. But was deleted after 1 month by PH for whatever reason. That's another story. I was curious to know if makers have clear goals for their launches. Or just aiming for whatever positive outcome
Mei
Amplified growth post-launch. In the top three products of the day. Organic leads flowing in.
Devluc
@thisismeihere Thanks for the feedback. Happy you shared a clear quantifiable vision. That definitely helps with actually having it happen. If it hasn't already