What did you think of Google I/O?

Aaron O'Leary
14 replies
Google I/O happened yesterday, and in a surprise to no-one, it had a heavy focus on AI. Personally, I thought the announcement of AI snapshots was particularly cool, it seems to slot in perfectly with AI's current abilities at the moment.

Replies

PeppyOcean
Pretty sure Google is focusing on AI at this year’s I/O. With new generative AI experience in Search, you’ll get even more from a single search.
Olga Pavlova
I haven't watched all desired I/O yet, still in progress. As for keynote, there are some interesting points. 1. Looks like Google thinks people are visual creatures, not abstract ones. 2. There are only coders, doctors, and customers, and noone else :) 3. Bard is splendid — in its Workspace part, not in code one. 4. Tailwind is soooooo interesting, but (for me) unavailable yet. 5. It is a bit strange Google does not tell us how it use AI to improve quality — not add features — of its own services. Have you tried to use Google's help? :) Hope they will soon or later. In two words, I assume, it was splendid explanation why we should not trust visual information anymore.
Antonio Calabrese
Since my focus is on SEO, how they plan to integrate AI responses into search is intriguing. SEO strategies will likely need to adapt to these changes as even top ranking positions seem to get pushed down even further when a generative AI response is shown. However, if Google does insert reference links (which it looks like they plan to do), capturing the 1-3 ranking positions may prove to be just as, if not more, valuable than ever. With the ease at which you can create content using AI tools, a consistent backlink strategy will be important. The Perspectives filter that will appear at the top of search results is also interesting. If you didn't see, engaging the filter will display long-form and short-form videos, images, and written posts that people have shared on discussion boards, Q&A sites, and social media platforms. This is something to consider when evaluating your overall marketing strategy.
Waris Shah
Yesterday, Google held its annual developer conference, Google I/O, and unsurprisingly, AI was a major focus. One of the highlights of the conference was the announcement of AI snapshots, which I personally found tiktok audio downloader to be very impressive. This new feature seems to fit perfectly with the current capabilities of AI.
I think the announcement of Palm 2 and being able to access with Vertex.ai is very exciting.
Igor Lysenko
I think that he will have some more important part of the world. If ChatGPT became a flashy announcement to the world. Then the next AIs will compete who is better. This is scary and at other times you can use them for your own purposes.
Rajiv Dixit
Looking like there are adding ChatGPT on their all Apps
orliesaurus
AI all the things. and a crappy foldable phone that costs like a new macbook m2
I think most of its functionalities will be limited or barred like with Siri
Jack Davies
There were a lot of incredibly amazing announcements during Google I/O! I was very pleased by Google's new dermatological tool powered by AI that aids in the diagnosis of skin diseases as well as the planned changes to Google Maps that will make it simpler to travel through enclosed places.
Lucas
I wanted to discuss a topic that has been on my mind lately: the challenges of product discovery in the age of AI. With the rapid advancements in artificial intelligence and machine learning, we are witnessing a surge in innovative solutions and features. However, the sheer volume of new products and services being launched can make it overwhelming for users to discover what truly aligns with their needs and preferences. chic.ae
Enzo Diego
As AI continues to advance, new capabilities and tools are continually being introduced to enhance its applications Health Benefits of Espresso and potential. It's always exciting to see how AI is evolving and the possibilities it brings.
rajesh shankar
Look beyond the popular scholarships. Explore local organizations, professional associations, and niche scholarships that align with your interests, background, or field of study.