What day of the week do you think is the best time to launch a product?

Jeffery Kaneda
20 replies
What day of the week do you launch your products? Comment below and share your insights! I launched my product this Tuesday, but it didn't work as well as I expected. So I'm not sure whether to schedule the next product launch for Tuesday as well.

Replies

Dennis Aronov
I think it's Tuesday-Thursday but it really depends on so many factors. If you have a large competitor, it won't matter what day you do. On the other hand, if the competition isn't strong, you can do Monday. Lots of factors to consider.
George Burmistrov
We think it's TUesday, yeah. The best day is when giants don't launch or they'll just stomp you XD Tuesday is good as people are already in the workflow, they dug through the tasks that were accumulated during their weekend and now can go and see what's launching
Jerry Twin
Any day of the week when you are fully prepared.
Nico Spijker
-> Weekdays see more launches and have higher traffic. -> Weekends are less busy but also less traffic. - Monday: Some makers avoid Monday as everyone is busy on Monday with meetings, etc.  - Tuesday: Most competitive day of the week usually, a lot of traffic but harder to get top rank - Wednesday: Competitive day, hard to make top 5 but loads of traffic. - Thursday: Competitive but less than Tuesday and Wednesday, still loads of good traffic. - Friday: Less traffic but also less competitive, great day to launch if your goal is ranking in top #3 - Saturday: Low traffic, typically dominated by small indie projects, resources, meme products and launches looking for beta users - Sunday: Low traffic, typically dominated by small indie projects, resources, meme products and launches looking for beta users
@nicolaas_spijker Nice breakdown of the days there, Nico. Of course, we still gotta make up for the nuances - nothing is every guaranteed. In my marketing network, we have a funny saying that aside from all the known marketing P's (product, price, place, promotion, etc...) we also got "prayers", because there's a ton of luck that also goes into having the most favorable conditions during any initiative.
Nico Spijker
@rockyperezz Yeah you could bet on a Friday and then suddenly Google releases a new product and takes all the attention, anything can happen. 😂 Love the saying, hadn't heard of that one yet! lol
Oleg Naumenko
@nicolaas_spijker From general experience perspective this breakdown makes total sense. Maybe there are some data available to support it as well?
Nico Spijker
@naou There are some PH guides scattered across the web that have done more in-depth analyses on PH day-to-day traffic! Launching over here is an ever-changing landscape though and I don't really have any guides I personally endorse enough to share.
Prem Saini
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday have the most traffic.
Rohit Joshi
Any day of the week, when you are fully prepared for the launch, Based on my previous launch experience, I observed the highest competition on Wednesdays
Igor Lysenko
Definitely Wednesday and Thursday
Iya Mendoza
The best day to launch a product really depends on what you're selling and who you're selling it to. I tried launching my product Logomakerr.ai on a Tuesday, but it didn't go as planned. So, don't sweat the day of the week too much. Take a look at what went wrong and tweak your strategy. It's more about the whole package than just the day you pick!
Uthappa Robb
monday is the best day
Ramona J. Hicks
Tuesday and Thursday get the most of traffic.
Lakshya Singh
I was reading Product Hunt's guide on it which said that weekdays are good but they are very competitive so there is less chance of you being the Product of the Day. Weekends have less traffic but the clicks on "Visit" button increases by 15%. So, you might get more traffic or conversions on weekends. Check out this guide - https://www.producthunt.com/laun...