What currency do you use for your pricing?

Jarek Rozanski
14 replies
Hello fellow Hunters, What is your preferred currency strategy on the pricing page? Our product, Wide Angle Analytics, is hosted on the EU cloud, and we pay for all the services in EUR. While we aim at a global customer base, because of the nature of the product, it attracts primarily European customers. It feels natural to quote our prices in EUR. Yet, from time to time, we get asked about USD. What is your strategy?

Replies

Asterlab Inc.
I would recommend sticking with USD as everyone knows the value of that currency and avoid confusion on Euro and other lesser known currencies.
Asterlab Inc.
@chetan_natesh Without delving into politics, I would say that position is so far up that it would take many many years to change that status quo if ever.
Chetan Natesh
@isildur Definitely agree, our transition away from the fossil fuel regime will determine our transition from the dollar regime (mostly!)
Dávid Sipos
It's depends on the market, but the main is USD or EUR, and Local Currency
Krishna Kumar
There are subscription systems that convert across currencies and present in the potential customer's currency, no? Wouldn't that solve the problem?
Yara Matiash
Our main target market is the USA, so we use USD on the website, but allow users to pay in Canadian and Australian dollars, in EUR as well using an automatic conversion provided by our payment processing system. All our competitors use USD on their websites, too.
Chetan Natesh
*spanner in the works* do you accept crypto 👀
Asterlab Inc.
@chetan_natesh I like that idea, especially because it dove tails well with the focus on privacy he has.
Jarek Rozanski
@chetan_natesh They say "never say never", but there is a lot of work in the crypto world to change before I even put crypto on my radar. Currently Crypto equates to centralized scams draining energy worldwide.
Chetan Natesh
@jarek_rozanski for sure, but if crypto is a far off agenda, then sticking to USD would be wise, since it is the most widely used of all the currencies. Huge demand from customers for EUR is the only valid reason for a shift away from the greenback 💲
Nithin Jawahar
USD only. Mainly because everyone knows the conversion rate by mind since they're used to it so much.