What business model would you prefer?

Sneha Saigal
1 reply
I am looking for feedback on the current product version of Geeks and Experts. We already went through one pivot before. https://geeksandexperts.com We want to make 1:1 video calls with domain experts seamless. We want people to get valuable insights over a call without having to spend hours on watching videos or reading blogs. People have been making bookings on the platform with many experts for idea validation, MVP feedback, product hunt launch strategies and so on. While a lot of users have got value in these sessions, when the sessions are free people don't show up and the expert is left with time gone to waste. What would be a payment method that serves both sides of users? We have thought of rolling out a bundle option where you can buy certain number of credit for a specific amount and use that to make bookings. It is clear that both sides should have some skin in the game so that they respect people's time. Even if it means taking a $5 refundable deposit. Would you pay for that? How can I build trust to make it look worthwhile?

Replies

Radhakrishnan KG
Yes, I would do that - additionally, also consider: you can have a "Pay What You Want" option where you can setup a system where you authorize a card while booking, and after the call, send out the link to complete the payment based on the amount of value they got.