What books are you reading in 2023?

Richard Gao
33 replies
Could be fiction or non-fiction. Curious to hear! I should probably read more lol, but for now, as a busy student and running evoke-app.com, the best I can do is a textbook. Though "Intercom: on marketing" seems pretty interesting.

Replies

soylakate
I'm reading the novel: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Love it so far!
Kunal Rajelli
Hey Richard, am currently reading "The book of 5 rings" it's more on the philosophical side. But I do have some other books in the queue like "Power Broker" and "Lean Startup". Intercom: on marketing looks interesting might check that out.
Richard Gao
@kunal_rajelli1 Read the lean startup before. To be honest, I feel like its contents do not need to be in a book. There is only one message, and it's: release your MVP first and iterate rather than getting the "perfect launch".
Francesco Impellizzeri
I'm still refining the list, but here are some books that I can't wait to read this year: Classics - Meditations by Marcus Aurelius - The Idiot by Dostoevsky - The Brothers Karamazov also by Dostoevsky Business - The Almanac of Naval Ravikant - Venture Deals by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson Dev - Hands-on Machine Learning With Scikit... by Aurlien Gron Product - Inspired by Marty Cagan - Build by Tony Fadell Textbooks - Product Development and Management by Allan M. Anderson and Teresa Jurgens-Kowal
Vincent Sider
Hi Richard, I currently read 'the brain that changes itself' which is about neuroplasticity. My father had a stroke and I want to understand how I can help him...
Richard Gao
@getinference Sounds like a good non-business read! Heard about neuroplasticity but never looked too much into it.
Vijay Singh Khatri
I'm just trying to read industry experts' articles this time around on various great platforms such as medium.com, dev.to, dzone.com, ycombinator.com/blog/, and many others.
Indu Thangamuthu
I don't plan. Currently, I am reading Haruki Murakami's 'Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage'
Nandini Sundaram
I don't know how many fall into this category: I don't read books!
Henry Miller
The Right It: Why So Many Ideas Fail and How to Make Sure Yours Succeed
Evan Lewis
Currently reading "Sell More with a Right-Brain Marketing Strategy" by James I. Bond as my non-fic, but also re-reading "The Gunslinger" by Stephen King for fun!
Kinga Grochowska
For every SF fun I can fully recommend "Gateway" Frederik Pohl - MASTERPIECE! A very pleasantly written book. You'll read it quickly! I guarantee.
Richard Gao
@kinga_gro Never heard of that one before! To be honest, it sounds like something I'd save in my goodreads and never touch lol
Hall Wood
Currently reading "Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason". This is an easy book to read for distraction. But I would highly recommend reading in the electronic version, then you can avoid many disapproving looks from the people around you. After all, this literature for the male gender is quite specific.
Ritu Soni
Do epic shit by Ankur Warikoo
Gianna Anderson
My list includes: -Emma by Jane Austen -Boss in Boots: The True Story Behind Kinky Boots: From Barton to Broadway by Steve Pateman. -Goodbye to Berlin by Christopher Isherwood -Meditations by Marcus Aurelius -Bodas de Sangre by Federico García Lorca
Janusz Mirowski
Dune Messiah is a wild ride! I was hooked from the very first page. It picks up right where the first book, Dune, left off and follows Paul Atreides as he navigates his role as the messiah of Arrakis. The plot is full of intrigue and there are so many twists and turns that I couldn't predict what was going to happen next. The characters are also really well developed. If you're a fan of science fiction, give Dune Messiah a read – you won't be disappointed!
Anu
In no particular order, Here are some of them on my list. - Atomic Habits - Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life - The Tao of Warren Buffet - Digital Epidemic
Angeli Zhao
Geling Yan - Banquet Bug Some non-fiction books about true crime. Some books in Chinese Feminist Mystique
Patrick Adele
The Night Circus and Six of Crows