What are your views on 'layoffs'?

Nikita Gupta
19 replies

Replies

Raju Sivaram
It's a tough thing from an individual perspective, but sometimes I think it is about survival and some decisions made affect everybody.
Lodovico Sella
Layoffs are an unfortunate reality of the modern workplace globally leaving a negative impact. The attitude of survivors are negatively affected by layoffs which create more stress, workload, less morale, commitment and trust in management. Although, management can avoid these negative effects by clearly explaining and informing employees of their motivations to downsize.
Adithyan Selvaraj
Layoffs are good for companies and bad for employees.
Amelia Charlie
I've been on the receiving end of layoffs, and I have to say: it's not the easiest thing to experience. It can be challenging if you're the person who has to lay people off. But in the long run, layoffs are a necessary evil. When companies have too many employees and don't know how to get rid of them, they'll sometimes resort to layoffs as a last resort. The problem is that when your company has to go through layoffs, it means less money for you as an employee—which means less money for your company overall. Unfortunately, this happens sometimes, but I'm glad we're living in a time when it's becoming less common.
Sidra Arif Ali
I think layoffs are a necessary part of business, but they can be extremely stressful to employees and clients alike.
Launching soon!
I think that layoffs are a terrible idea. I understand the need to cut costs, but it's not suitable to fire people entirely without warning. It's never OK to let someone down without giving them a chance to find another job—and it shouldn't be done casually or without offering them severance pay or some other form of compensation. We can all agree that there should be careful consideration given to any changes in the workplace, whether big or small. But when it comes down to it, I don't think companies should go out of their way to fire people who aren't involved with the decision-making process for the company.
Sherry Xena
Employees don't like layoffs, but for the boss, it saves a lot of costs
Sonali
Layoffs can be handled well by the companies if they wish to do so. I have seen this happening around me where startups without any notice period laying off employees like they are cutting off limbs, now they are bleeding as well, It creates a negative environment and also hurts the company's reputation. These are tough times!
Chetan Natesh
This a bad time for people who got lucky.
Vijay Singh Khatri
One thing I want to say about these lay off for those talented guys 👦 that they were never made for those organizations. It’s organizational structure how they can figure out everyone from such situations. Also on the other hand, I also think That founder’s are very disappointed after taking such decision. I saw one of my founder was very disappointed when He was having a lot faith and energy to become a successful billionaire to failure, how he is very keen towards the employee. For these layoffs, I would say someone will Be better than one they were in before Or Someone’s problem will go very high side. Thanjs
Morgan Kung
It's a hard decision to every company, but a necessary action to keep survived this days. I know it sounds very cruel to employees, however work smartly always leaves a trail to keep you winning in the workplace. So, there is no need to panic too much, as long as you focus on improving your skills. Gold always shines!
Faheem Sarwar
Layoffs are always painful for both employee & employer its the curse of situation when a company layoff a brilliant resource to move things forward you have to inhale these!
Anthony Susanto
It's a wake up call for all of us not to see our employer/job as our whole life.
Bella smith
Layoffs mean that people are about to lose their current jobs. This is a very unfortunate thing. Due to the impact of the pandemic, small and medium-sized enterprises can only lay off employees in order to protect themselves. In the end, it is people who suffer. At present, the unemployment rate in the United States continues to soar. Many people They are unable to pay their daily bills and can only live on meager subsidies from the government.
Nandini Sundaram
I think layoffs are an unfortunate consequence of recession, poor resource management, and redundancy after M&A. Most of it can be avoided if the company plans their recruitment and retention of their human resource.