What are your thoughts on working during weekends?

Senthilnathan RM
14 replies
I do work during weekends. But it's mostly retrospection and some planning. What about you? How do you spend your weekends wrt work? Would love to hear different perspectives.

Replies

Launching soon!
I'm not in favor of working on weekends. I believe weekends are an excellent time to recharge so that I can work more throughout the week.
Maxim Buz
I was always kind of against it, until I joined a bootcamp where Saturdays were always part of the schedule. And I have to say, I kind of enjoyed chilling in an empty office with my colleagues. Sunday is a no-go, though IMO
Siena Romes
If I need extra income, it would be okay. But I tend to keep Sunday for rest time.
Roberto Morais
I usually try to work harder on weekdays and have a more relaxing weekend. But I think in the end it is all about balance. I can see myself working 4-8 hours on weekends in the right conditions (less stressing weekdays, interesting project, persona crunch time to finish a project, etc). Also, it varies a lot from person to person. We need to find the schedule that works for us and stick to it.
@robertomorais , true that. What works for you might not work for me. In the end, it has to be individual preference.
Rai Ahmad Faraz
For part-time earnings, I will definitely do it.
Mei
I like working on fun side projects like my newsletter on the weekends. It's a great time to think clearly. Here's what I'm working on: sunsetclub.substack.com
@thisismeihere , that's interesting! I have a few things in mind to start doing during the weekends as well. You just reminded me to get started with them. Haha, thanks! 😄
Thomas Kelly
I am open to working for 4-8 hours on weekends, given the appropriate circumstances.