What are your thoughts on the future of work? Do you believe that AI will eventually replace human ?

Martin Baun
21 replies

Replies

Julien Fayad
It will (and it is already) on certain tasks... similarly to how machines replaced certain human tasks during the industrialisation. I don't think this is a bad thing, we'll be able to spend more time on other tasks to fix all the broken things in our world
Martin Baun
@julien_fayad I value your opinion and I also think we should spend a lot more time on other tasks to fix everything around us :D
Nauman Tariq
Either remove it or not, it will change lot of things, its not something you call average change, its massive But on other hand, it will create massive new opportunities as well, even big change has done that, AI is for humans and run by humans no matter what we think. So if big companies decides to be civil and not get greedy in longer term it can create better impact
Tim Boulay
@naumanthanvi When you are planning to launch?
Fahad Ahmed Shah
Well, the answer always lies somewhere in the middle. However, one thing for sure is whether you love it or hate it. You simply can't ignore the influence and the impact that AI is going to have it. That's why we opted to create an AI-Powered Email Marketing tool, and it's up for launch this Sunday on Product Hunt.
Martin Baun
@fahad_ahmed_shah Congrats on your launch. I also agree about your opinion upon AI. It is really effecting the world and giving a great impact and we can't really ignore it anymore !
Marilena Nikou
I believe some jobs will be lost, as it always happens with new technologies, but new ones will emerge. There is no way humans will be completely replaced in my opinion!
Martin Baun
@marilena_n Indeed, I agree with you. While some jobs may be affected by AI and automation, new opportunities will also arise. Humans possess unique skills and qualities that cannot be replaced entirely.
Vladislavs Sprengels
We will become lazy and overweight😂
Martin Baun
@vladislavs_sprengels Agree to disagree! While there might be concerns about technology potentially reducing our physical activity, it's up to us to find a healthy balance. With the right mindset and habits, we can harness technology's advantages while staying active and maintaining our well-being. Let's embrace the potential benefits while being mindful of leading a healthy and balanced lifestyle. 😊
Guillaume C
At Lampi, we're building a confidential AI copilot for business, so this is a question we're facing every day. I'd say AI is not meant to replace humans but rather to enhance our work. I see the integration of AI into our workspaces as a harmonious partnership where AI takes over boring tasks. This augmentation by AI, in turn, allows us to focus on creative, strategic, and personal aspects of work that would require a human touch, empathy, and intuition. When we know that nearly 2 in 3 people are struggling with having the time and energy to do their job, or are struggling with too much time spent searching for information in their workday, AI could change help us to focus on new and more important tasks. In addition, AI is not a 'set-it-and-forget-it' solution. It demands constant learning and updates to stay relevant and efficient in the face of new data and changing business requirements. Regular maintenance, system checks, retraining of models with new data, and implementing updates are essential tasks to ensure that your AI system remains robust, and relevant, and continues to deliver valuable insights to your business. (However, there are still certain jobs or tasks that could be completely automatized thanks to AI. I recently read somewhere that 7% of US jobs could be simply replaced by AI TODAY... in turn, it will create other opportunities and jobs)
Martin Baun
@guillaume_lampi_ai Well said! I completely agree with your perspective. AI is designed to enhance rather than replace humans in the workplace. It can handle mundane tasks, freeing us to focus on creative and strategic aspects. Regular updates and maintenance are essential, and while some jobs may be fully automated, new opportunities and roles will emerge
Jolyn Ng
We use AI in our solution, and while it has its benefits, we are still far away from AI totally replacing human. There's still much human intervention needed to make sure something works right!
Martin Baun
@jolyn_jobwiz Indeed, I agree with your statement. Human engagement and assistance are essential for AI systems to perform properly and successfully.
Nick Anisimov
I use chatGPT every day as a copilot. I am sure that AI will replace the most inefficient and uneducated employees. However, I believe that AI will provide a boost for development, and therefore I see numerous benefits in its implementation.
Yes, it will most likely replace most of the ordinary tasks and reduce the cost of labor.
Standard Nerd
AI is never going to replace the human being. Yes, it will make our lives much easier.
Mighil
It won't replace humans - it will help smart people work even smarter.
Tim Boulay
Some experts believe that AI will eventually replace human workers, while others argue that it will create new opportunities and lead to increased productivity and economic growth.
I believe that the future of work will be a hybrid of human and AI workers. Humans will still be essential for tasks that require creativity, empathy, and social intelligence. However, AI will play an increasingly important role in the workplace, helping humans to be more productive and efficient.