What are your thoughts on influencer marketing?

Martin Gulp
12 replies

Replies

Anna Mandziuk 🇺🇦
It's an effective strategy when done right! However, a business should pick an influencer in their niche and someone who is reliable and is deemed trustworthy by their audience. Look whether that influencer has a tendency to promote shady and scammy products. Don't just look at the numbers. Some smaller influencer's ads can work better than of someone with a million subscribers who is pushing ads every day. I've heard enough horror stories about collaborating with some big influencers to know that reading reviews is key. Hence, when searching for an influencer to work with, make sure to read reviews of businesses that worked with that person before, reach out to them and ask about their experience, whether the campaign was successful, etc. It can often happen that a big influencer can try really hard to remove bad reviews or push the blame onto a business (it, surely, can be a business' fault sometimes), so a critical and objective eye is needed
Aruna Chawla (she/her)
Tastemakers > Influencers We've to be strategic about who we call influencers, how we work with them, and to what goals.
Gurpinder Singh
If done right, it can do wonders for you business💯
Bob Shoo
Community admins are the new Influencers and this includes holders of large email lists.
Anil Meena
I think it's getting out of hand. I think as more & more sponsor fills the influencer content and users will have hard time relating to it. I think influencer should be using that service or product before endorsing it. Other wise it would become just live TV advertisement where celebrity can be placed around any product and just done with it.