What are your expectations from a productivity tool?

Elif Duran
16 replies
To me, productivity tools are designed to help individuals and teams be more efficient and effective in their work. Some common expectations from productivity tools may include: 1. Time management and scheduling 2. Task and project management 3. Communication and collaboration 4. Data and analytics What do you look for in a productivity tool and do you have any recommendations for tools that have worked well for you in the past?

Replies

Wiktoria Jaszcza
After @bedri_keskin, clear and easy to use. For now we are happy with Basecamp. :)
Uma Venugopal
If it helps me recognize some harmful patterns and break them to build better plans suited for me, it's win.
Morgan Kung
For me, the main purpose of using a productivity tool is to save time as well as money, of course time is also a kind of "money". So, it have to be easy to use and well fit to my current using productioa softwares. If a productivity tool takes me a lot of time to learn to use, or it takes a lot of money to buy a template to use, I will not choose it.
I wish a time management tool was fun too...like prompts to get up and take a walk every 1 hour or, drink water or say, "listen to your favourite song, you've worked for a solid 1 hr" just wishing :-), the four expectations you've quoted are pretty solid too.
Shushant Lakhyani
I just look at one thing in a productivity tool. How much time it saves me or how much more output can it help me generate
Bedri Keskin
enough that the to-do list is clear, customizable, and easy to use.
Shantanu Bhosale
I think productivity tools should be simple to use . One with time management and analytics features is good enough for me.
Cheng Fu
To allow me to collaborate with team members on certain projects in real time
Rongcan Wu
To enable me to track my progress and monitor my productivity levels
Igor Lysenko
Hello! Since I am dealing with this product, the most important thing for me is that it would be comfortable to use it. There are programs over which you need to study and it scares away.
Dan Li
Reduce friction in getting work done and communicating with coworkers/customers
Zawad Iftikhar
It saves time by improving efficiency across the board.
Mei
Simple, easy to stick to and justifies its pricing.
Connor O'Hearn
Collaboration is a major key!
Catalina Sabogal Ortiz
Absolutely agree with you! Productivity tools can greatly enhance our work efficiency and effectiveness. While basic features like time management, task management, communication, and analytics are important, I believe that incorporating AI technology can take productivity tools to the next level. AI can automate repetitive tasks, provide intelligent insights, and help identify patterns in data that would be difficult for humans to spot. As for recommendations, I highly recommend checking out tools like Notion, Trello, and Asana - all of which integrate AI technology to boost productivity. What are your thoughts on AI-powered productivity tools?
Ariton Zanev
In general, a productivity tool should offer streamlined workflows and automation of repetitive tasks.  They should integrate smoothly with other software and services, allowing data sharing and import/export capabilities. User-friendly interfaces are crucial to reduce the learning curve. And reliability and security are also important, ensuring data protection and prevention of unauthorized access.