What are the key features you absolutely need in a documentation collaboration tool?

Cara (Borenstein) Marin
7 replies

Replies

Natali
What matters to me: - Real-time editing and collaboration - The possibility of parallel translation, as the team speaks different languages, so edits and comments in a document may be written in languages other than English.
Cara (Borenstein) Marin
@lapwork parallel translation is a very interesting need! How do you make translation work in collaboration today?
Natali
@cara_jacqueline At this stage, there are several people in the team who speak several languages, or we use translation apps. But this is not convenient and takes time.
Sam DRISSI
Good question @cara_jacqueline ! I'll say : 1. Real-Time Editing and Collaboration: The ability for multiple contributors to edit documents simultaneously and view changes as they happen. 2. Version Control/Modification History: A comprehensive version history that tracks and records all changes made to the document, allowing users to revert to earlier versions if needed. 3. Commenting and Feedback Tools: Features that enable users to leave comments, feedback, and annotations directly on the document for effective communication and review.
Cara (Borenstein) Marin
@sam_drissi these are great points, thanks for sharing! How do you typically use version control / modification history? Is it common to revert to previous versions or more helpful for auditing?
Mariana Racasan
For me, it's the ability to collaborate with others in real-time, easy sharing (ideally something that doesn't require multiple clicks to get to the doc), and the ability to leave comments or tag people! These 3 are key to my usual workflows.
Pradeepa Somasundaram
I will be looking for a few core features apart from friendly UI. Real-time Collaboration: Multiple users can work on the same document simultaneously, seeing changes in real-time. Version Control: A robust version control system to track changes, revert to previous versions if necessary, and maintain a history of edits made by different collaborators. User Permissions: Granular control over user permissions, allowing administrators to specify who can view, edit, comment, or share documents, ensuring data security and control. Commenting and Feedback: Enabling collaborators to provide suggestions, ask questions, and resolve issues Document Organization: Options for organizing documents into folders, categories, or projects, making it easy to navigate and manage large sets of documents. Search Functionality: Robust search capabilities to quickly locate specific documents, sections, or information within the documentation You can try Document360 2.0