What are the key factors that contribute to a good customer experience, in your opinion?

Lucas Oliveira
27 replies
And, In your experience, what actions or strategies have you implemented that have helped lead to a good customer experience for your product?

Replies

Darwin Binesh
We've been expanding self-serve customer service tools like a start guide, documentation, and youtube videos with guides on how to do things. I'm at beehiiv, and these have been big as we've seen a little more growth than usual lately. Highly recommend. Hope that helps!
Lucas Oliveira
@darwin_binesh Thanks for the input. Youtube videos is a nice idea! I'm putting that on my todo list , thanks! :)
Evan Lewis
We've found that asking for feedback about experiences is always the quickest solution to improving CX. We switch between contacting our customers directly, using in-app surveys, or having a pop-up somewhere on our website to collect that feedback.
Lucas Oliveira
@evan_lewis That’s true! which in app survey do you think is more effective?
Evan Lewis
@lucas_oliveira10 In terms of survey type, there's no survey that's objectively more effective than others. It's always best to tailor surveys to the specific problem you're trying to solve. Truthfully, the effectiveness of a survey is determined by it's design, i.e. number of questions, what questions you ask, where you ask, and who you ask. If this is your first survey, start with a generic CSAT survey with 10-15 question (the fewer the better) to identify frictions, pain-points and what you're already doing well. Make sure to ask for open feedback alongside closed questions, as this will give you much needed context to any ratings, etc. Then take what you've learned and plan a series of smaller, more specific, surveys and trigger them according to the feedback you were given. E.g. Pricing Feedback can be collected on a pricing/ upgrade page. It's important to spread the frequency of these surveys out over time, asking too much in a short space of time can deter users from responding. Also, make sure you get in touch with respondents to let them know you're making changes based on their feedback (and then again once those changes have been made). This goes a long way in building relationships (and therefore improving CX) and will start creating advocates for your business. If you're asking for specific tools that would allow you to create in-app surveys, you'll be able to do this with Shout. Not only can you customise surveys to match your app design, we're also a privacy-first survey builder. No cookies, no IP addresses, and no tracking that isn't initiated by you as a user. We'll be launching our product on PH in the coming week. Apologies for the essay, I hope this has been helpful to you in some way!
Jon Zhang
let customers feel like it is the product for themselves.
Minha Nadeem
Prompt chat support.
Richard Gao
Transparent pricing and immediately being able to tell what the product does on the website.
Anoir Houmou
Taking onboard feedback and making changes where necessary.
Lucas Oliveira
@anoirhoumou Yeah , looks like feedback is key , that's good to get insights from customers, but also it's a way to keep them feeling they are beeing listen to right ?
phprunner
- Make it easy to understand what product does - Do not hide prices - Quick and meaningful customer support - Lots of training materials and documentation, a solid community of customers that can help with all sorts of questions
Lucas Oliveira
@sergey_kornilov1 thanks for sharing! Loved the comment, I appreciate your suggestion about providing access to training materials and documentation, as well as a supportive community of customers. These resources can be incredibly helpful for customers who may need additional guidance or support, and can help build a sense of connection and engagement with the company. Thank you again for your insights and for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Mayank Jain
I don't think there is anything more critical than the overall user experience. Brands are built or get destroyed purely based on experience. Some of the things that we try to implement: 1. Super proactive support. Trying to get to 24 x 7. 2. Transparent communication right from the first touch point. 3. Empathy. Things can change at the user's end. It's ok if we have to bend a few rules to accommodate some genuine cases.
Lucas Oliveira
@mjain_mayank thanks for the insights. getting a proactive support probably would need some automation, what do you think and or recomend ?
Mayank Jain
@lucas_oliveira10 absolutely. There are a lot of tools that are available (Intercom/Zoho/User.com etc). Also, creating extensive help libraries/videos based on user queries helps.
Joe Shaw
Do not hide prices.
Mark Lense
When I use a service or services, it is very important for me to be able to contact customer support and get an answer or a solution to a problem that may arise during the use of the service. I recently read about Online Reviews in more detail and realized how important this is in the operation of various services. It seemed to me important, since not all companies care about customer support, and with this decision they spoil their reputation.