What are the key differences between a leader and a Manager?

Neha
9 replies
Curious to know 🤔

Replies

Madeleine Nichols
In my mind, a leader lifts the team and brings them all along, empowering individuals to rise, more people focused. A manager sets everyone up to deliver, more task-focused. Tapping into both is needed, but my preference would always be to have and be a manager, that people see as a leader by my definition
Subin Babu
A leader is like the captain of a team, they guide and inspire others to work together towards a common goal. A manager is like a coach, they make sure everyone knows what to do and keeps things running smoothly.
Hashnimo
A leader isn't necessarily someone who does business, but a manager typically works from 9 to 5.
Mark Pavlyukovskyy
Leaders inspire, guide, and foster growth, while managers focus on overseeing tasks and processes.
Ishan
As Simon Sinek said Leadership is not being in-charge but taking care of the ones in your charge. I think that’s the difference.
Igor Lysenko
The manager is a support for the movement of the whole team, the Leader will show where to move. This is how I imagine it.
Heleana Grace
In my view, the leader has ideas and the manager puts them into practice. They are one team, constantly working together, discussing, and negotiating to empower the team.
Kunal Mehta
I can share that the key differences between a leader and a manager lie in their approaches. A leader inspires and motivates, fostering innovation and empowering their team. A manager, on the other hand, focuses on coordinating tasks and ensuring efficiency. Both roles are vital for success in any organization.