What are the challenges you face while working remotely, and how do you overcome them?

Johnberg Arslan
12 replies
I have been working remotely for about 7 years. I felt "Fear of missing out" when missing meetings. I also felt isolated at some point because I was not able to socialize and only talked about work stuff in meetings. But now, I have a dedicated workspace and I can socialize with family and friends more often.

Replies

soylakate
Time management is often one of the significant challenges when working remotely. When working from home or in a remote setting, we may face various distractions, a lack of clear boundaries between work and personal life, and difficulties in staying focused and productive. A time tracker can be a valuable tool to help overcome these challenges and improve time management while working remotely. I've been using TMetric since the pandemic and am happy to recommend it.
Artyom Sviridov
Aside from small health issues (from not moving much, sitting a whole day at the PC and stuff like that), I didn't face any. At least, no work- or social-related challenges.
Kayode Odeleye
The biggest challenge with remote working is team culture. I plan to bring my team together at least once a year to build rapport
@kayovin1 Yes I agree, it is hard to build a strong relationship on remote work and even harder to build great synergy in between teams
Proper time management! It is good to balance intensive work hours and efficient resting, remote work can distract you from that
@sandradjajic Yes indeed, I sometimes lose myself in work so much that I forget to rest and rewind my mind. It ends up burning out :)
Elena Tsemirava
I work as a freelancer and do not find any challenges in remote work, only advantages. Maybe before, when the children had holidays, but now they have grown up.
Rukhsar Amjad
Time management: It can be difficult to stay on track when you're not working in a traditional office setting. Overcome this by setting clear goals for yourself each day, using a time tracking tool, and taking breaks throughout the day.
Omer Faruk Aydin
That's great to hear! Working remotely can be challenging, but it sounds like you've figured out a way to make it work for you. It's important to make sure you take time to socialize and connect with family and friends, and having a dedicated workspace sounds like it has been a great help in that regard.
Sonu Sharma
Working remotely can be challenging due to lack of in-person communication and collaboration. I overcome this by asking clarifying questions, providing concise status updates, and ensuring any code changes or documentation is thoroughly reviewed. I also find using tools like video conferencing, messaging apps and project management software very helpful.