What are the best ways to engage a community?

Sanjay Somashekar
29 replies
A community is built around a common interest, keeping them engaged regularly is a herculean task. List down some of the creative ways we can try to engage the community or anything you have come across that was interesting!

Replies

Vickie Richard
Reward Active Members.
Tibor Szantai
Engage a community by trying to understand them by finding out what they want, how you can help, and how you share your expertise.
Heleana Grace
I would like to say Video, but I am a bit biased since I run a video production service. 😅 I have seen what video can do for engaging and building a community. Video is personal and puts a human face on a brand.
Sanjay Somashekar
@heleana yes a personalized video would light up anyone we are trying to communicate with. A simple video will always catch our attention than plain old text! Is this something videodeck.co is solving?
Luis Enrique Medina
Always stay close to them in terms of the platforms they use and the content they might enjoy. A lot of people don't understand how much people like to be heard and letting them know that in their territory is music to their ears
Sanjay Somashekar
@medinaluis staying with the community and making sure everyone is heard can go a long way. A thought just came to me, pairing up people within the community to engage would be a great way to make them feel they are being heard. What do you think?
Janak Patel
I guess interesting conversations.
Sanjay Somashekar
@janak_patel56 like this one? what do you say :)
Launching soon!
Sharing insightful thoughts. If you look at any thriving community, big or small, they all interact while giving information and helping each other learn new things. Replying to questions is one of the best ways to communicate with your community because it provides an excellent way for you to support and engage them all simultaneously.
Sanjay Somashekar
@qudsia_ali providing value to the community without expecting anything in return is the only way an individual can get some credibility and build on that. It is in our hands to keep the community engaged by actively involving in the conversations
Anne Boehm
The best way to engage a community is to get to know them personally. Most people who give talks or presentations do not interact with their audience, so they do not know what their audience wants and therefore they do not engage. We are all different, but if you focus on connecting with each individual, they will love you. This can be done by asking questions or making sure to remember someone's name and mention it in a personal message.
Sanjay Somashekar
@anne_boehm These are the small things we can adopt in our daily life as well to be better. With the size of the community growing it will be tough for an individual to reach out personally but keeping them engaged by receiving feedbacks would be the best thing to do!
Anna Jack
1. Be active and sincere. Reply to comments and critics. People can tell if you’re just there to look good. 2. Be positive and constructive. If you’re negative, it will drive people away. 3. Don’t just talk about yourself. It’s good to talk about your achievements, but show an interest in what people are doing and what their struggles are. 4. Add value. People like to see others doing good things and getting recognition for it.
Sanjay Somashekar
@anna_jack1 these are some golden words we can follow to engage in a community! A healthy discussion on a topic will definitely fuel some amount of conversation! Appreciate your thoughts
Rich Watson
giving incentive for engagement
JULIE ROBERT
Be responsive...Whether you want to learn about personal finance or trade Stocks, Currencies, Commodities and Indices Investor Money will help you.
Derick Park
Create opportunities for members to serendipitously connect
Marcos Dominguez
Great question. Just checking the answers to get better ideas to engage with a community.