What are the best resources for learning about mobile app UI design?

Zainab Saeed
7 replies

Replies

Shiva Uruturi
dribbble is the best resource to learn about UI design
Vali Lupoaie
YouTube. And actually working under the guidance of Lead designers, who can constantly give you feedback on your work. At Ollie, we have a Lead designer and a full-time designer, teaching newbies the secrets of Design. And we share important tips to everyone interested.
Zainab Saeed
@valilus thank youu!!! leadership actually matters a lot. Vali, are you a product designer?
Yassin Bouacherine
Hi! That will be my first comment on PH :) The best resource for learning about mobile app UI design, in my case, was to start practicing through some mockup apps. A few years ago, I found out about "Balsamiq Mockup 3" and it was a great tool for me to start learning about UI design. It's extremely helpful if you want to make your own mobile app as well. At the same time, as mentioned by @Vali Lupoaie, Youtube is great! Looking at what others do can save you some headaches on what's feasible and optimal. You gotta need the theory and the practice to understand a few principles. You will be surprised at how difficult, and how many iterations will be required to get some satisfying results. An extra step would be to make a "mini-project", build your own UI and get to find the guidance of a designer OR find a freelancer to "improve" your UI. I made it through those types of collaborations, and I learned quite a lot! Here are some alternatives to Balsamiq Mockup 3 (now being renamed Balsamiq Wireframes) https://www.g2.com/products/bals... Hope it helps! :D
Zainab Saeed
@vali @jack95 Thank you for sharing this. Assin, do you write blogs? We have launched a learning path on product design and I'm looking for guest bloggers. It's a paid project, Please let me know if you are interested. Here's the link: https://learn.qureos.com/learnin...
Yassin Bouacherine
@vali @zainab_saeed1 Hi! I do not write blogs, I would be terrible at it! ;D I did wrote some articles in my field of expertise a few years ago, but that's about it.