What are the benefits of building in public?

Manas Sharma
14 replies
Before you join this thread can I request you to take a moment to subscribe to our upcoming launch πŸ™ https://www.producthunt.com/prod... --------------------------------------------------------- Building in Public is becoming increasingly popular. What are some of the benefits you have seen with building in public?

Replies

Brittany Salas
You find our how easy it is to get your idea stolen... and then you learn what can't be copied :)
Puneet Kohli
@brittany_salas Ideas are dime a dozen it's about execution, vision, and all the stuff other than just building/shipping :)
Brittany Salas
@puneet_kohli Execution is building and shipping. This is why I added the last note of learning what work is truly unique to the creator.
Puneet Kohli
@brittany_salas not necessarily. There’s also marketing, sales, customer satisfaction and most importantly knowing WHAT to build (discovery!)
Manas Sharma
@brittany_salas I have launched Roundup on Producthunt today! πŸ˜‡ We have devoted nearly a year to developing this project and I would greatly appreciate your support & feedback. πŸ™
Joan Mateo Duarte πŸš€
I started building in public with DL3ARN (shameful plug: we are near launch, you can follow us) and I believe it's the best thing. When you build in public lots of people, that are in the same mindset as you, can help you and give you their point of view. Some of the best ideas come from discussing and thinking with others. P.S: Don't worry about getting your idea stolen, people are too worried in their own idea (everyone thinks they have the best idea ever 🀫).
Manas Sharma
@joanduarte Very well said πŸ”₯ When are you launching? Share the link to your upcoming launch - will love to follow. πŸ˜‡
Joan Mateo Duarte πŸš€
@manas_sharma We are launching in January! You can follow us at https://www.producthunt.com/prod..., thanks for the support!
Puneet Kohli
1. Early feedback 2. Accountability 3. Eyeballs on your project 4. Potential Supporters 5. Potential Customers 6. Potential Investors
Manas Sharma
@puneet_kohli Interesting. Never thought it also helps attract potential investors. Thanks for sharing.
Krishnaswamy Anand Ganesh
Biggest benefit in my mind is Collective intelligence. In highly collectively intelligent teams solutions provided by a group are systematically significantly better than solutions offered by any individual, including the smartest person in the room. And to refer to Sherlock: On multiple occasions Sherlock stresses that he needs Dr. Watson to inspire his superior mind. It’s not that Watson is smarter than Holmes. It’s that together they are smarter than Holmes alone, even given his prodigious mind.
Manas Sharma
@krishnaswamy_anand_ganesh - how would one tap into this collective intelligence? I do the value in getting inputs on what to build when you build in public. But is there more to it?
Manas Sharma
@krishnaswamy_anand_ganesh I have launched Roundup on Producthunt today! πŸ˜‡ We have devoted nearly a year to developing this project and I would greatly appreciate your support & feedback. πŸ™