What are some unconventional productivity hacks that have worked well for you?

Inderpreet Singh
34 replies
During the development of the MyGPT project, I came to the realization that productivity is a critical factor that requires attention. Being productive and maintaining focus can significantly streamline task completion. Checkout MyGPT : Free and faster pro version of ChatGPT with prompt support at https://www.producthunt.com/post...

Replies

Susan Moeller
Learning to recognize when I just need a nap. :)
Veselin Kostov
Heard it on Andrew Huberman's podcast - drinking coffee 90-120 minutes after waking up. Really helped me with the afternoon feeling of tiredness! Anything you'd like to share, @inderpreet_singh1 ? :)
Abhi Kumar
@inderpreet_singh1 @veselin_kostov Many useful tips to be incorporated from Andrew's Podcast. The one I've been using is getting morning sunlight as soon as I wake up to set my body clock. Very helpful in making sure I'm sleepy around bedtime...
Inderpreet Singh
@veselin_kostov I eat some dark chocolate whenever it feels like i am not able to focus much. Other times a glass of water always do wonders.
Won Park
Hi, Inderpreet Singh! We negotiate our annual salary once every three months.
Inderpreet Singh
@new_user__314202209d41260d10e570f this is something that would surely increase the productivity πŸ˜„
David Cagigas
Pomodoro technique works well!
LisaKim
@edworking I saw this on Google.. It really works huh?!
LisaKim
Working to the sound of the beat while listening to music adds a little oomph to my productivity I've found!
Mehdi Rifai
Listening to music while working is one that keeps really focus. Can be any type of music: hip hop, rock, pop, movie soundtracks, classical...
Sandra Salis
1. Drinking water and electrolytes helps with focus 2. Regulating the nervous system by getting up and moving my body with intention or doing a few specific movements. This is to address tension and stress or anxiety in the body, which affects thinking. 3. Cold shower for 30 seconds before my regular shower.
Solomon Nwabuoku
For every 20 minutes of work, I take a 5 minutes break. Currently building a tool that helps teams stay motivated as a whole through processes like daily work reporting and appraisals, you can check it out on https://refro.space
Madeleine Nichols
eating a higher protein diet has helped me make it through longer stints of working without needing a snack
Aditi Shah
Not exactly unconventional, but first principles theory always works. Breaking a task into the smallest possible and then tackling them individually. This is how we're approaching our launch for PATR as well - https://www.producthunt.com/prod... We'd be delighted to have your support!
Ben Putzer
The biggest thing that has worked for me is going to the gym in the morning before work! Congrats on all of your success so far! Be sure to check out Cuely, we just launched today as well, cheers!
Karolis Kleiza
change the place for work when productivity drops.
Bernard BadΓ³
Shutting down all the communication apps did wonders for me
Karthik
don’t break the chain, write just 1 line of code per day
Amal Abdullaev
One unconventional productivity hack that has worked well for me is to take regular breaks throughout the day. While it may seem counterintuitive, taking short breaks can actually help improve productivity by giving your brain a chance to rest and recharge. I find that taking a few minutes to step away from my work and stretch or do a quick exercise can help me feel more focused and energized when I return to my work. Another unconventional productivity hack that has worked well for me is to use the "two-minute rule." This rule states that if a task can be done in two minutes or less, you should do it immediately rather than adding it to your to-do list. This helps to prevent small tasks from piling up and can help free up mental space to focus on more significant projects. Finally, I have found that using a standing desk can help me stay focused and productive throughout the day. Standing while working can help improve posture, reduce back pain, and increase energy levels, all of which can contribute to increased productivity. While these productivity hacks may not work for everyone, I have found them to be effective in helping me stay focused and productive.
Mohcine Heddi
Practicing sports in the morning or having an early homemade brunch for breakfast. I noticed that starting my day with practice or having a real homemade meal puts me in a special position where i need to increase the ROI of every task that i perform during the rest of my day πŸ™‚