What are some guaranteed ways to grow an audience?

Kevin Hinh
16 replies
As I’m building out my product, it has dawned on me that I’m going to need an audience to show my product off to (aside from producthunt). Of course, there’s social media and the obvious methods, but I would love to hear everyone’s opinions. Thanks!

Replies

Mher Hovakimyan
LinkedIn can be a great platform to use if you're selling a product to other businesses. There are also tools out there that can assist in the automation of the lead generation process. But if you're selling to regular folks, it's a bit more complicated. You need to figure out where your customers are spending time online and promote your product there. To do that, you should do some research and find out which websites or social media platforms your target audience uses the most. That way, you can make sure your marketing efforts are reaching the right people.
Charlie Kor
If you don't have huge audience, engagement is the key 80% : Building your relationship by engaging with other's content (replying, commenting) 20% : generate contents for your niche
Hashir Ahmed
Engage with your audience regularly...
Ricci M
Alongside social media, content marketing is another effective way to reach your target audience. You can create blog posts, articles, and other types of content that highlight the benefits of your product. You can also publish guest posts on other websites and blogs (such as Hackernoon) to reach a wider audience. Public relations can help you get your product featured in the media. You can send press releases to relevant news outlets, or you can pitch your product to journalists who cover your industry. Getting positive press coverage can help you generate buzz and interest in your product. Attending industry events is a great way to meet potential customers and partners in person. If you have the budget you can set up a booth at trade shows or conferences, or you can attend networking events. Attending industry events can help you build relationships with people who can help you promote your product. Partnering with other businesses can help you reach a wider audience. You can partner with businesses that offer complementary products or services, or ones that have a large customer base. Partnerships can help you reach more people and generate more interest in your product. Running paid advertising can help you reach a larger audience quickly. You can use paid advertising platforms like Google Ads and Facebook Ads to target people who are likely to be interested in your product. Paid advertising can be a great way to generate sales and grow your business. The best way to show your product off to an audience will depend on your product, your target audience, and your budget. Consider the different options available to you and choose the ones that will be most effective.
Mehdi Rifai
I think everyone will agree that engagement is the center piece of audience building not content creation.
Julie Chabin
1. Build a product people want (see point 2) 2. Learn what people want by engaging with them 3. Build a network by creating content and engaging with people in the same space
Matthias Neumayer
Don't focus on audience building, but on forming relationships. Help other founders talk to them and you will see that they will support you in return. But don't think about it as quid pro quo!
Adam Kershner
Give hoodies! Starbucks gift cards! Coffee mugs XD But honestly, this is a really wonderful question! Many great answers here highlighting that engagement and building relationships is key. Nowadays, follower count doesn't really matter and there are Discord servers that are "dead" with a lot of people saying things like "wow it's pretty dead in here. What happened?" I believe the key to audience building is actually co-creating or building something together at the core of a community. The most engaged communities I've been a part of had rigorous mods and leaders that would recruit people to contribute to community-led projects that were identified to improve the community experience (e.g. let's form a squad to create a newsletter together to keep legacy members informed, let's have rotating veterans host events to help newbies get acclimated) I feel like there's an element of feeling summoned to a community/audience because there are friends relying on you for thigns (which make it really fun like a game) and its just a pattern I see a lot. And when there aren't enough people to contribute / get stuff done, then having ways to recruit / share the community will help it grow and reach more!
Aida Zu
Start with the audience you have. Don't underestimate the power of you social circle like friends, family, co-workers and so. They can be a great start for every every social media channel. Don't be confused by the fact that they may not be your target audience, it's okay for the very beginning.
Richard Gao
Being consistent and just showing up and interacting with the community Check out my twitter @TheRealEtch to see how I'm doing it
David J. Kim
Lots of great advice here (esp. regarding building in public). You're building a product to solve a problem. Who has that problem, and who suffers the most pain from that problem? Talk to these people, figure out what kind of content they consume, and build that content
Kirill Sokol
Involve relevant influencers & partnering with other creators in your niche can help you reach new audiences and grow your following.
coworkingspaceinmansarovar
Open office & coworking space in mansarovar increasing popularity freelancers, business owners, and other self-employed creatives are always searching for a work setting outside of their homes .
kitchenoz
The Art of Modular Kitchen Organization is a modular kitchen company that specializes in designing and installing custom kitchens. They offer a wide range of materials, finishes, and styles to choose from, and they can work with you to create a kitchen that perfectly meets your needs and budget.