What are some good way to find initial audience for your app?

Anoop
14 replies

Replies

Amal Abdullaev
As a startup founder, one of the biggest challenges is finding your initial audience for your app. Here are some strategies that I've found effective: Firstly, you can leverage social media to promote your app and reach potential users. This includes creating accounts for your app on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. You can share updates about your app, including screenshots, features, and benefits. Engaging with your followers is also key, so be sure to respond to comments and feedback. Secondly, it's important to reach out to your network for support. This includes your personal and professional contacts who can help promote your app to their own networks. Incentivizing them to do so is a great way to encourage them to help you out. Thirdly, listing your app on major app stores like the Apple App Store and Google Play Store is crucial. Make sure to optimize your app store listing by using relevant keywords and including a clear and compelling description of your app's features and benefits. Fourthly, consider investing in paid advertising to promote your app. This can include social media ads, Google Ads, and display ads. Make sure to target your ads to your ideal audience based on demographics, interests, and behaviours. Lastly, participating in relevant online communities related to your app's niche is a great way to reach your target audience. Engage with members, share your app, ask for feedback, and provide value by answering questions and offering insights related to your app's niche.
Anoop
@amal_abdullaev I think where most people like me struggle with is that we have a great idea but fail to find/create the initial buzz around the product that is community creation and finding the right people to reach out too. In your experience what is the simple way we can get started with this.
Hossein Yazdi
Launching on Product Hunt can be a great starting point, plus twitter is also helpful.
Anoop
@hosseinyazdi Launching on PH does seem the obvious way but we do need to get the ball rolling right just blindly launching on PH doesn't seem right to me.
Steve Hopkins
I woul find a list of websites, memberships, directories, communities, forums related to the niche and probably some key players who I could partner with or join. Connect with people in the niche/industry like Linkedin if the community are there or other networks.
Anoop
@stevehopkins It always eludes me how we can find the communities that are relevant to your product. What sites do you use normally for such a scenario.
Steve Hopkins
@anoops_secondary I usually follow key people on LinkedIn or twitter, and people talk about the communities they are a part of. Over time you will begin to build a bigger picture. Find one membership website for instance - look for a partners page. Then look at their partners and keep doing that. This is my experience and may be slightly different for different industries, but thats where I would start if going for a new one.
Akhil Mittra
In terms of affiliate marketing, at least, some practical ways for gaining an audience for an assigned product/service include LinkedIn posts, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and blogging platforms like Medium, provided you indicate a disclosure that it is for an affiliate marketing promotion, especially with regards to compensation. If you want to promote the product/service in your network (professional or personal), you can do so on messengers like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, etc. You can also resort to ad networks like Google ads and Taboola, which raise the number of visitors but do not necessarily guarantee product purchases. I have recently encountered tools that direct traffic to your desired affiliate link without creating ads or blog posts.
Akhil Mittra
@anoops_secondary I agree. This could apply to any future products I myself would like to develop & promote one day.
Weiru (Launching Vizard now)💜
I'd say find niche communities in channels such as Twitter, Slack. But it does take time to familiarize yourself with these channels/KOLs in those communities and there are not short cuts.
Simon Vecoli
As a startup founder, finding your app's initial audience can be tough. Try using social media promotion, tapping into your network, optimizing app store listings, investing in targeted ads, and engaging with relevant online communities to attract users.