What are some essential tools and technologies for enabling remote work and ensuring productivity?

Ayşegül Çorok
13 replies
Hello everyone! What are your thoughts on the essential tools and technologies that can effectively facilitate remote work and maximize productivity?

Replies

David J. Kim
A proper tech stack for the hybrid world! Running hybrid is hard because you have two completely different employee experiences (in-person and remote).
Suyash Chaudhari
Often ignored - I think decent hardware / wfh setup.
Leif Andreas Rudlang
This might be a bit of a boring answer, but, MS Teams, and only really the meetings functionality, and only because pretty much everyone has an account already. But I would love to use something else, Teams is very unstable and temperamental, when you have 4 people in a meeting you can be pretty sure someone is going to have connection issues, or their microphone is going to stop working. 😅 For everything else, discord or slack is king, ms teams feels far too uptight and does not encourage fun and honest conversations.
Elissa Craig
Essential tools: coffee pot, good sound bar, and a comfortable, clean set-up. Essential technologies: Canva, Google Drive, Slack - all allow for easy collaboration!
Notion or Slack - monitoring output is the far better metric than time. People work in different ways. Some people work slow and steady. Some people work in short, high-output bursts. I have people that have higher output in an hour than others have in 8 hours.
Bradley Adkins
It's sometimes overwhelming how many tools are at our disposal. The cost of them can start piling up. I've found that using fewer tools enables your business to be more agile and improve productivity. My agency designfly.io only uses 5 software tools: Trello: Task Management with Clients Figma: UI Design Collaboration Webflow: Web Development Calendly: Demo Scheduling Stripe: Payment Processor
Erkin Bek
Hi, just our product was designed for this (intelogos.com). Of course remote working is good, but it's hard to manage a team when you're not sitting together, and you want to look at the work process to give proper feedback not just based on the end results. Our product evaluates many factors such as how he interacted with the computer, how much time he spent, what manipulation he did, how often he leafed through the internet and at what speed he worked and that's just a small part of what we do. In fact, if you are looking for a tool to increase the productivity of your employees who work remotely, I would advise you to try our product. It's free! :) (intelogos.com). For example, we as the developers of this product ourselves use it and we ourselves look and analyze what and how things are going. You don't even have to wait for quarterly and annual performance reviews to get feedback from the manager.
Rick Armstrong
Our viewpoint is that productivity is an output of focusing on culture, even in a remote setting. If you focus on the human element, then other benefits follow. Having a tool that facilitates collaboration and brings in the parts of the office that people actually miss (aka the people element, ability to overhear conversations in a spacial environment, closing a door when you need to be heads down, etc.) is essential. And doing it in a joyful way, like turning on avatar mode when you are beyond screen fatigued with another video call, engages with people and adds to the fun. Which is why we’re building Tangle.
Pavel Kukhnavets
A Gantt chart is a tool that helps improve productivity and enhance remote work. It gives a visual representation of project timelines and task dependencies, allowing team members to clearly understand the project's structure and their role within it. ultimate-guide-gantt-charts/. Additionally, a Gantt chart facilitates efficient communication and coordination among team members, as it provides a common reference point for discussing project progress and potential issues. Read more about a Gantt chart here: The Ultimate Guide to Gantt Charts: Everything about the Tool You Can’t Ignore for Project Planning (https://blog.ganttpro.com/en/ult...)
David Chapman
Selecting the right combination of tools and technologies depends on your organization's specific needs, industry, and remote work requirements. It's essential to prioritize security, collaboration, and productivity when building a remote work tech stack.
Arron Francis
Effective remote work relies on a well-chosen arsenal of tools and technologies, fostering communication, security, and productivity in the virtual workspace.