What are some common mistakes to avoid when launching on Product Hunt?

Shaur ul Asar
23 replies

Replies

Elli Kim
Make sure you engage people who are already active on Product Hunt. We got quite a bit of penalty for bringing in new users :(
Shaur ul Asar
@elli_kim Thank you for sharing your experience. I believe that engaging both new and existing users can be beneficial for building a strong community and expanding your reach.
Fabian Maume
Pay attention that it runs on Pacific time. Check the schedule twice. I had an issue the last 2 weeks as the US changed to summertime 2 weeks before Europe. :)
Shaur ul Asar
@fabian_maume It's good to be reminded that the time difference between the US and Europe can sometimes cause confusion. I appreciate you sharing your experience and helping us :)
Thomas Boulesteix
Oh I'm interested, we'll be launching by the end of the week!
Shaur ul Asar
@thomas_boulesteix best of luck with your launch and keep us updated regarding your launch
Umar Saleem
Launching at the wrong time can significantly impact your product's visibility. Launch when the Product Hunt community is most active, typically during the weekdays and during business hours.
Tabassum Moon
If you wanna get good results from the PH campaign then don't launch the product on Saturday or Sunday.
@tabassum_moon Launching on weekdays increases visibility and engagement for your PH campaign, but you have more competition...
Shaur ul Asar
@realvladgolub How about Monday or Tuesday? I believe these days face more competition compared to Wednesday. What's your opinion?
Rahul
Hi Shaur. I believe getting active on platforms like Product Hunt only at the time of launch is one of the common mistakes that can be avoided. Making connections, supporting other creators, and participating in conversations can get you a great launch plus a good network.
Shaur ul Asar
@c99rahul I completely agree with you that building connections, supporting other creators, and engaging in conversations can lead to a successful launch and a strong network.
Hossein Yazdi
I guess, not being active in the community before launching and not scheduling the launch for at least a month (so as to invite others to follow your launch) are important steps that I see many don't follow and simply don't get the value they deserved from PH.
Tanzirul Huda
1. Not having a good launch plan. 2. Not engaging with the community. 3. Not marketing your product effectively. 4. Not offering incentives or discounts. 5. Not optimizing your product page for Product Hunt. 6. Not providing clear and concise information about your product. 7. Not offering follow-up support to users. 8. Not responding to comments and questions in a timely manner. 9. Not offering a discount code or other incentive to encourage upvotes. 10. Not taking advantage of social media to promote your product.
Upen V
I wrote about my Micro SaaS PH Launch experience earlier here - https://microsaashq.com/insights...
kashaf irfan
Don't go for it before creating a strong community.