What are some common mistakes to avoid when creating a landing page?

Ezel Yalçın
5 replies
A landing page should clearly communicate what sets your digital product apart from others. But, I'm not sure what to consider. If you can help, we can grow together.

Replies

Katelin Lewis
Some of the common mistakes in landing page designing are: 1. Lack of social proof: Display reviews, ratings, or case studies. 2. Ignoring mobile users: Ensure a responsive design for mobile devices. 3. Poor headline-subheadline synergy: The subheadline should reinforce the headline. 4. Complex language: Use simple and concise language. 5. Not testing on multiple browsers: Ensure cross-browser compatibility. 6. Neglecting thank-you pages: Provide clear post-conversion instructions. 7. Failure to highlight benefits: Make benefits clear and compelling. 8. Overloading with information: Keep it focused on essential details. 9. Not considering load order: Prioritize loading important elements first. I understand the challenges of website development, and I have found it helpful to seek assistance from professional companies that specialize in this area, such as Alakmalak Technologies. However, it is important to note that there are many other qualified companies that can provide web development services.
Beste Rodoplu
Hi Ezel! I did the landing page audit of the Producthunt'S website as an example for you. Product Hunt Landing Page Audit Submission's Overall Score: 85 Best score is on Compatibility / Performance, Trust And need to focus to improve Main Objective You can evaluate your product with Self Check-up. You can also reach a benchmark collection which has 90+ positive and negative samples. And a plus, you can get a live support from our experts. Let's schedule a time for your project. Come visit productdoctor.co !
Daniel Do
Launching soon!
We used a nice trick that someone introduced on Twitter (I can't find the post) that you should write a sales letter similar to what you would do to your target persona (value proposition, benefits, etc.), refine it, and based on that create the sections and content on the landing page. It was extremely useful to be aligned as a company and to know what messaging should be used.
Oxana
@pm_optimizer really a great note! We use the same approach. It help us to clearly define our customer and build a landing that answers / helps / target out customer and their needs.
stormy_a
I am designing a website, and this is what he gave me for reference https://sgmenu.org, he says he loves the minimalistic design on this page, but I think this is very simple and not that attractive. I think a restaurant landing page it should be attractive and retain users can you share some ideas for it, it would be great to hear from a professional designer since I am a newbie in designing. Thanks.