What annoys you about chatbots?

Robbert Bregman
4 replies
Chatbots can be good, but they also can be pretty bad. What annoys you the most on chatbots and how to fix it?

Replies

Allison
Kudos on the neat way of collecting user feedback for Table Duck (cute name too!) I hope you get more responses. The #1 thing that annoys me about chatbots is that I don't feel like I'm talking to an actual person and will get immediate support. I think in times of drama or frustration, many people want to feel immediate gratification. With chatbots, I'm often asked to wait 3 days or given support articles to look through myself. Some ideas to fix it: - Reward for waiting. When I'm frustrated or hitting a negative point, I want to feel heard by the product and left feeling positive. - Option to skip the line. Hope that helps!
Number one annoyance for me is the assumption I'm an idiot. I've already spent time looking through Knowledge bases/guides/FAQs - I'm using the chatbot as a last resort in order to try and speak to a human being.... I know some people would hate it but I actually like the idea by @allison_mui and having the ability to skip the line - I'd even pay for that.