Website builder for beginners without tech skills

Devluc
17 replies
I conducted a small study on Twitter to find out the best website builders for complete beginners. Only apps that can be used by folks without design or coding skills. These are the suggestions I got. - Wix - Carrd - Typedream - Google Sites - Squarespace - Unicorn Platform - Cloud Funnels - EarlyBird - fullSnap - Durable - Popsy - Tilda Do you feel any of the apps shouldn't be in the list? Or maybe you have some additions? Thank you

Replies

Max Nachamkin
Carrd.co is the best one I've used. It's so simple and quick and looks great. Non tech people can use it as well.
Devluc
@maxnachamkin Totally agree. I used it myself successfully for a few projects. It's used both by absolute beginners and advanced users. I have a couple of full stack dev friends that created great landing pages for their apps with it
Rahul
I believe the list includes all the well-known website builders. Although I was going to suggest Webflow, I realized that it has a steeper learning curve than the others. Is the list ranked by ease of use?
Devluc
@c99rahul The list is focused on builders dedicated to beginners. So the less customization options and more auto-anything the better. Totally agree that Webfflow is great and can be used by beginners. But it wasn't purposely built to serve beginners. The order in the list is not based on any criteria. Thank you very much for the input Rahul
Yvette G Brown
@c99rahul As a self-appointed president of the new business startup non builders crew, I can tell you Webflow is far too complicated. I understand durable has it's cons, but for the startup non-tech, it is INVALUABLE. At least the content is editable so if one is not happy with it contextually, it's possible to rewrite content. Far easier than me trying to figure out adding Headers, and text boxes (oh my)!
Rahul
@yvette_g_b This serves as evidence that the market still requires straightforward NoCode solutions for addressing these issues.
Devluc
@c99rahul @yvette_g_b Thank you very much for the suggestion. That's exactly what I was looking for. Added to the list. Good luck with your startup. Wish it grows to meet your objectives
Devluc
@tomaslau Thanks for the addition Tomas. I haven't used it so what do you think. Can it be used by beginners without design or coding skills? Honest question
Tomas Laurinavicius
@luciantartea absolutely! It can get a bit complex if you decide to build something fancy, but if you just pick up one of their templates, it's pretty easy.
Devluc
@tomaslau Hi Tomas I checked it more in depth in some YT videos and I don't think it was built to shine for non-tech users. Although it can be picked up by beginners with templates I don't think it has the same learning curve as the others for build-from-scratch projects. But that's just my impression. I really appreciate your input. Thanks
David
SlashPage! (slashpage.com) Have you ever created a notion page and used it like a website? If so, I recommend it. It's Notion + Slack for website.
David Allworthy
Does anyone know if any of these web builders have editors that work seamlessly on smartphones? Squarespace has an app but I have yet to come across a web app that does the job on small devices.
David Allworthy
@luciantartea thanks! I’ve had a play with all of them now and Durable has a smooth editor on mobiles but lacks in creativity. Carrd is nice 👍🏻