We have 1 700 followers but only 1064 upvotes. Any ideas why?

Janusz Mirowski
7 replies
Hi! As you know, we are running a campaign now. Thank you for all your support! I have one question, we did a lot of work to collect followers before the start of campaign. But now you can see that those who clicked notify me on coming soon page did not give us an upvote. Do you know why that might be? How to reach these followers? Any ideas?

Replies

Chris Sarca
4 main reasons: 1. They got the notification, checked it out, and moved on. Some people are just curious, not everyone is there to help, even if it looks like they would since they've bothered to click a button. 2. They're not active members of PH. Maybe they didn't notice yet, or noticed too late and didn't bother to take any other action in regard to your campaign. 3. They checked out the product, weren't convinced, and they're waiting for updates. 4. This is related to 2nd reason, they don't know how to use PH, and how to help. The only way to reach them is to come back in 6 months with a significant update. I think that's how PH works based on this answer: https://help.producthunt.com/en/...
Janusz Mirowski
@chris_sarca Ok now i am sure. Because in "ship" you can have this newsletter to followers. We will come back in 6 months and try to win once more! :)
Joseph Natoli
I feel your pain man! We had about 1700 people sign-up for our product before launch with 13 of them paying to pre-reserve their discount and not a single f***king one of them converted after we launched. Sadly, sometimes you just miss...
Janusz Mirowski
@joseph_natoli Wow! This is hard. I think guys in Product Hunt need to think about this, because it is not good at all.
Joseph Natoli
@janusz_mirowski Wasn't though product hunt lol, it was our own built email list.. made it even worse I think! You wont ever convert 100% of your followers though, so 1064 is fantastic. Celebrate the win!
It also depends on how people have their notifications setup - some might not get any prompt unless they actually come onto PH and login
Janusz Mirowski
@maxwellcdavis Yeah. I understand Product Hunt, they do not want to spam users, but something is wrong with these algorithms.