Ways to combat eye fatigue at the computer

Valeriy Zagrebin
14 replies
Who copes with eye fatigue when you sit at the computer all day? Who uses what techniques? Either drops, special glasses, etc.

Replies

Dan Borel
After 1 hour at the computer, I close the computer and do gymnastics for the eyes, draw a figure with my eyes or move my eyes from side to side, in general, in such cases, any exercises will help relieve tension from the eyes.
Valeriy Zagrebin
@danone Sounds very helpful! Thank you! I will set a timer on my phone๐Ÿ˜Š
Philip Snyder
Some people find relief from eye fatigue by using computer glasses with blue light filters, taking regular breaks, and adjusting the brightness and contrast on their monitors. Others use eye drops and warm compresses to reduce strain.
Valeriy Zagrebin
@philipsnyder Sounds interesting, but the glasses won't hurt your eyesight or are they with zero magnification?
Philip Snyder
@veex Zero magnification - just filtering out blue light
Joan Mateo Duarte ๐Ÿš€
Taking breaks and having natural light where you are working.
Valeriy Zagrebin
@joanduarte I'll try, thanks for the advice! We really have a dark side๐Ÿ˜…
Rhymer Espinosa
I've read about 20, 20, 20 and it works for me. Set a timer to remind you to look away every 20 minutes at an object that is about 20 feet away for a full 20 seconds. Though the best way to combat constant eye fatigue is health professional consultation. There could be an underlying reason why it constantly causing a lot of discomfort.
Valeriy Zagrebin
@rimer_carlyle_espinosa Oh, thank you very much for the advice, I'll try to follow it
Elina R
I use special glasses for the computer and make the screen more yellow. The load on the eyes really becomes less and they do not hurt. I also periodically step away from the computer or close my eyes so that they relax.
Valeriy Zagrebin
@elina_rappu Now I want to buy glasses too! Thank you for your advice!
Anne Broadwin
I would go out for a walk. You can rest the eyes, meanwhile can still think
Valeriy Zagrebin
@annebroadwin Hello! Yes, I will try to be outside more often. Thanks for the advice!๐Ÿค—