Want to launch a Product on Product Hunt. Not sure it will be welcomed

Evgenia Evseeva
9 replies
Hey, community. I am planning to launch a SaaS product in a very specific narrow niche - dance management software. I am not sure it can ever get popular here. Your thoughts?

Replies

Jennifer Smith
Product Hunt tends to be product enthusiasts who love discovering cool new tools. Dance management sounds specialized, but I'd also ask - are your users likely to be people who are product enthusiasts and vice versa?
Kazimieras Melaika
You just need to do the homework - build community, talk, discuss with people, get your good visuals ready, a really good description, etc. etc. A product is a product. If it's really good - PH will like it too. It just depends the way you will present the product before the launch and during the launch. Btw, we’re launching in late May. Check out our upcoming PH page: www.producthunt.com/upcoming/eff... Our project is called: Effecto. It’s an app for detailed health tracking. Pretty much for everything that is related to your physical or mental health and every daily factor that can affect you.
Evgenia Evseeva
@kmelaika Thanks for your insights, Kazimieras! By the way, regarding the homework, have you invested a lot of time on pre-launch activity?
Kazimieras Melaika
@evgenia_evseeva I did! I am still in progress with it - actively building communities, talking, discussing.
Fabian Maume
Check if there is any similar product that was launched, and how many upvotes they got. I think it might be interesting for you to launch even if you won't make it to the top 20. Product hunt give a do-follow link to all products, which is always nice to have for SEO purpose.
Launching soon!
Every product is welcome on the product hunt. You need to figure out your target audience and then engage with them before your product launch. I believe you have a unique and exciting product, and I would love to try it.
Sarah Jordi
I think you have to differentiate in your goals/ambition between success ON Product Hunt and success OFF Product Hunt (through the launch). The community can get super excited about such a niche saas product and help you to get in the top 10 or even top 5, but since it's niche, that popularity maaaybe won't translate over into actual software sales/subscriptions. But even so, I'd still deem that a successful launch 😊 And who knows, maybe there's a huge target group for you on here. So, in your situation, I'd do the homework, prepare properly, take some time to engage with PH and the community and then launch 💪 Good luck! 😊
You do see some launches here do well without being directly useful for the users. Most of the audience here just loves new products 😀 Some launches just do well because they got a community supporting them - even just other people on product hunt.