Upgrading from 2013 MacBook Pro: Mac or PC suggestions welcome!

Marti F.R
6 replies
Considering upgrading from my trusty 2013 MacBook Pro – not necessarily tied to Apple. What laptops, Mac or PC, do you recommend for a balance of performance, design, and versatility? Open to suggestions and eager to hear about your experiences! 💻

Replies

Depending on what you’re going to use it for. Gaming I would stick to PC but personably anything work/design related continue with Mac. I have a MacBook Air 13 inch and it’s powerful enough to do all the tasks I need. Photoshop, Excel, web, etc. This is just my opinion
Marti F.R
@slimmy82 I appreciate your response. I'm considering the MacBook Air with the 15-inch display. The only drawback is that I want a minimum of 16GB of RAM, and Apple's upgrades are quite expensive. It's a bit challenging to justify the cost for additional memory. What are your thoughts on this?
@martifr help me understand the type of work you are wanting to use the Mac for, and I should be able to make a better suggestion
Marti F.R
@slimmy82 I primarily work from my laptop without external monitors, which is why I'm seeking a larger display. My tasks include web development using Flask and light usage of the Adobe Creative Suite, focusing on Illustrator, Lightroom, and Photoshop. No gaming involved, by the way! 😉
@martifr the larger screen makes sense. For what you need you won’t need anything super fancy. The new Macs have the M chip which is super fast for what you’ll need. 15 inch MacBook Air with 512gig HD should be just fine. Totally understand the 16th ram. But you could always ad that later if you need it
André J
Launching soon!
Anything with an M chip will be 100x what you had