Understanding the Impact of Follower Counts on ProductHunt Launch Success

Abdal Yousef
7 replies
How critical are follower counts, both on personal profiles and product pages, for ensuring a successful launch on ProductHunt? Does having thousands of personal followers and hundreds of product followers guarantee success, especially when actively engaging with them?

Replies

Danni Emanuel
While follower counts are not the only factor that determines whether or not a product will be successful on ProductHunt, they can certainly help. Having a large number of followers on your personal profile can give you more visibility on the platform, and make it more likely that your product will be seen by potential customers. Additionally, having a large number of followers on your product page can help to generate buzz and excitement around your product, and make it more likely that people will click through to learn more about it. Of course, follower counts are not the only thing that matters, and you can still have a successful launch on ProductHunt even if you don't have a large following. However, having a large following can certainly be helpful.
Elena Kasyan
It depends on where the subscribers are coming from. If from social networks, I only got 2 people out of 2000:))))). You are more likely to be supported by the creators-hunters of projects with the product. It is much more useful to collect them.
Pramod C
More followers usually mean a wider audience, leading to more visibility and interaction with your product. It also adds credibility, as people tend to trust products with a solid following. Plus, more followers can result in better engagement, offering valuable feedback and helping your product stand out. Also, successful launch with a good following can also boost future marketing efforts. Quantity of followers matter, but the quality of engagement matters most.
Jao Japitana
I would have to agree on the idea that number of followers do matter but so does the engagement. It would be nice that those following you also interact with you as it can also signify that they are real people and not bots
Carol Moh
I think followers (especially in PH) are quite important as the others have commented your reach is much wider, and they will receive a notification when you launch. Being active and supporting launches also shows you are committed to being a member of the community and not here to launch and leave. The support in this community is pretty amazing if you are willing to help others through feedback, support, and discussions.
Coincidentally I'm building a tool that will help people with their Product Hunt analytics, so we can answer this type of question with confidence. (The tool will also help also grow online fanbase including on PH) Those who are interested in early access please follow me here on PH or on Twitter, so you'll be first to hear about it when it's ready for beta testing.
Fabian Maume
For product pages: followers get an email notification. However the email is send in the afternoon, so it doesn't help with the first hours of the launch. For personal page: followers only get in app notification