Underrated benefits of sharing your story in public👇

Gordana Laskovic
7 replies
Some of the underrated benefits of sharing your story in public: ⚡️Establishing credibility ⚡️Creating deeper connections ⚡️Helping solve others problems ⚡️ Communicating your values and beliefs engages the audience What else?

Replies

Saurabh Wadhawan
It certainly helps connecting with like minded souls and share experiences. You take the first step but then you also benefit from others sharing their versions, overall a great learning experience
Gordana Laskovic
@saurabhwadhawan I completely agree! I would only add that it’s important to hear a different opinion as well, even if it’s in opposition to ours. It opens the horizons! 👀
Joan Mateo Duarte 🚀
Getting feedback from people with the same mentality as yours.
Gordana Laskovic
@joanduarte Yes! It’s so important to hear others as well… It can helps us to realize some things better. Thanks for sharing Joan!
Richard Gao
A con would be the increased chance for competition. But I find that to be a ridiculous proposition, since if you're building in public instead of doing more urgent business things, then it's more than likely you're too small for anyone to see you as a potential competitor unless you have some groundbreakingly unique idea (let's be honest, most of us don't, and that's entirely fine).
Gordana Laskovic
@richard_gao2 Sharing your story is your most powerful PR strategy. Oxytocin is the “feel-good” hormone that is deployed whenever you read, hear, or watch a story that resonates with you. When you share the real, human story behind your business, it allows people to feel connected to your business and see themselves within your brand. By sharing your story, you will begin attracting your ideal customers: people who love the person and story behind the business they are supporting. One of the most rewarding parts of sharing your brand story is the ripple effect it creates around you. When you started your business, you likely wanted to solve a problem or create a meaningful difference in the world. What better way to make a difference and inspire others than to share your story with them and show them that they too can make a difference? Sharing your struggles and success inspires those around you to pursue their own dreams and believe in themselves. And sharing your story on a regular basis will also motivate you! Opening up is a great way to reflect on all you have accomplished and be proud of how far you have come in your journey.
Matt Li
I'm a solo app entrepreneur and when I tell people what I'm doing in the real world it's often met with annoying shock and disbelief. I started #buildinpublic on twitter early this year. I can't even remember why I started, but it's been comforting to hear from people who are working towards similar goals.