Twitter or LinkedIn - best social for a startup?

Nick Anisimov
91 replies
Which social networks are most important for a startup? Share your thoughts!

Replies

Leo
Linked in if you're B2B
LinkedIn best for b2b startup
Nick Anisimov
@alex_egorov Agree! For the Enterprise B2B, definitely yes, for medium and small businesses, Twitter works well too.
Azfar
@alex_egorov I use twitter to learn, share and ask about my startup ideas, validation and suggestions. While I focus LinkedIn for networking and B2B sales
Olena Bomko
Depends on your product and your audience. LinkedIn is the best for B2B. Twitter is the best for building in public B2C, and it works for cheap B2B, too. If we're not connected: My LinkedIn: https://shorturl.at/duPQV My Twitter: https://shorturl.at/htQSZ
Neel Patel
Hang out where your (potential) customers are. For me, both would be required. But it largely depends.
Dmitriy Pegov
Linkedin Enterprise B2B, Twitter B2C and SMB.
Roman Gordy
Launching soon!
Twitter is like an ad on the bus. Linkedin is like an ad sticker inside the bus. It may be of the same topic, but needs different tricks to break the blindness.
Neha
I will go with LInked In
Anjanay Saxena
LinkedIn for B2B. Twitter for products that depend on fast and raw news(and for shit posting)
Darya Antonyuk
We're only starting our journey, and decided to give both Twitter and Linkedin a try and see what works best for our no-code email builder. It's B2B, but mostly for SMB and Freelancers, so both platforms seem necessary
Yavuz Tunc Emran
Both have merits for startups, LinkedIn for professional networking and B2B connections; Twitter for broad audience engagement and brand visibility.
Matthew
I'm having lots of success with LinkedIn B2B
If you want to build community then X/Twitter and if you want to generate leads then LinkedIn.
sumit sharma
I prefer Linkedin, Specially for messaging feature
Judith Amarachi 💙
Both platforms are good. Start with the one that has your audience the most and then extend to the other. If you can, build on the two platforms at the same time.
Mounir Nejjai
depends on your product... for a B2B SAAS aimed at Enterprise companies, Linkedin seems best.
As many people here already mentioned, it does depend on your audience and business model. But when it comes to certain things in your start up journey like PH launch, it's crucial to stick to versatile approach and develop various social media to create broad communities and increase visibility. At least that's what we are doing with Klu.so and does produce good results💪
Salar Davari
I won't ever choose one and put the other aside. HUGE market segments can be found in both, and for a startup, it's vital to use the full potential of your social reach. Skip Twitter and the public will probably never hear of you. Skip LinkedIn and large businesses and investor will find it hard to take you seriously!