Treasure hunt for promo code - Marketing Strategy

Shubh Patni
8 replies
Hear me out - Most people don't read long pinned comments which might give them better understanding of your product, convince them to buy it or just consider it So what if you could make it a lil fun? Well I was gonna do this for my product hunt launch in 2 weeks but I thought why not share with everyone else and see what they think - Start with saying that "There is a promo code for 50% off in the comment, can you find it?" Then explain your product and randomly add "L" letters of code in quotes Even if they don't end up using it, or reading the whole thing. They might upvote you just coz they liked the idea :)

Replies

Michael Davies
I like the idea - but really depends on the type of app and industry you're going after. If it's hitting normal users, totally - but if it's a big B2B business, maybe not..
ISTIAK AHMAD
Love the creativity! Turning the hunt for a promo code into a game is a brilliant way to engage users and make your launch memorable. It adds an element of fun and intrigue. Plus, it's a clever strategy to encourage interaction and, as you said, even if they don't use the code, they might just upvote for the creativity. Best of luck with your Product Hunt launch in 2 weeks.
Sherry L
Sounds like a lot of fun! Definitely an incentive to keep reading :) Looking forward to it!
Karan Arora
Users may interpret the tactic as a bait-and-switch strategy
@gamifykaran True, but most products offer a promo on product hunt launch as far as I've seen. Which is essentially a bait and switch strategy At least this makes it a little unique I guess And for my product I am offering 30% code to everyone and 50% on comment section treasure hunt
Karan Arora
@patnishubh I think giving early bird offer is to to get initial feedback and testimonials. Additionally, offering two different deals (one in the description and another in the comments) can be confusing and may not be fair to customers who buy your product based solely on the description without reading the comments.