Today’s tip. Don’t be so hard on yourself when launching.

Slim Geransar
15 replies
There are so many people that think they only get one opportunity to launch and it has to be this big event. I’m here to encourage you to give yourselves some grace. Do what you can for a successful launch, build a community, be genuine, and have fun with it. But don’t beat yourself up if it doesn’t work out the way you thought. Don’t give up, learn from it, make the required changes and launch again and again. It’s ok!

Replies

Ankit Srivastava
Absolutely agree with this! The journey to success is often non-linear and embracing the learning curve can make all the difference.
Leon Novački
This is very true. I haven't even launched yet but I have connected with people from the PH community who have given me great feedback. So even before launching, I was able to get my times worth on PH. If your intentions are true, and you are here to improve your product, you will do good no matter how your launch goes.
@leon_novacki Totally agree about having good intentions. If you come here and start spamming, people will see right through you.
Gabriele Mazzola 🧭
I totally agree with you! I've seen many products incrementally increase the amount of hype, launch by launch. I think it's important to remember that launching a product is not a once-off thing, and that you have to build bit by bit. And if you do it while being in contact with the community: - it's going to be easier for you to understand what's important and what's not - the final product will better satisfy the needs of the users So, the first launch is not a goal, it's a start! We've launched today and - while being surprised by the reaction of the community - we're gonna launch again and again, every time delivering more value to the users!
Gabriele Mazzola 🧭
@slimmy82 Thank you so much, appreciated! Please, do leave a comment with suggestions for improvements, if you have any!
Shajedul Karim
this is sage advice. the notion that a launch is a singular, make-or-break moment can stifle growth. it's a process. iterate, learn, and relaunch. your journey's value is in its lessons, not just its successes.
Hariz Maloy
A powerful reminder Slim! Stay grounded and don't take things personally.
George Burmistrov
Sounds really inspiring and relaxing at the same time :D Thank you for this
Xavier JJ
Good advise, thanks for your kind words. You have no idea how much it helps!