To fund or not to fund?

Alisha Widianti
8 replies
Would you rather bootstrap your product or seek investors? Which context would bootstrapping / funding suit best? 🤔 Would love to hear your thoughts!

Replies

Dima Braven
I prefer go in the bootstrap way but I think it becomes one time where I'll get the investment. It all depends on what you want at the moment. Bootstrapping gives you more freedom in the moment, but you move slower. Investments help you grow, but they don't always help you do what you want.
Simon Peter Damian
It depends on how complex the idea is. If your idea is capital intensive, you probably can't do anything without funds. For ideas with low startup capital, the answer would be it depends on how much equity you’re comfortable giving away. Regardless of either, if you have a profitable business model and are sure you can payback the investment, more money is always a good thing.
Rico
In my journey of building my SaaS product, I've decided to bootstrap as much as possible. My philosophy is to limit investments or seek external funding only for what's truly essential to meet my growth projections. This way, I can maintain greater control and keep the focus on lean and sustainable growth.
Ava Adams
Depends on the situation. Bootstrapping worked for me initially, but getting external funding can speed up growth.
Evelyn
"It's a tough decision, but I'm leaning towards funding. The team is great, the market is big, and the product is promising."
Praveen Pendyala
Bootstrapping gives me chance work on my own terms and pace
Jianbo Liu
资助是出于你的善心