TikTok for your ProductHunt Launch? 🀠

Frank Sondors
15 replies
Did any of you have successfully utilized TikTok to try and go viral during ProductHunt launch? If not, why not?

Replies

Tobe T
It's an innovative approach to capture attention, engage with a wider audience, and create buzz around your product. I can imagine the potential impact this strategy may have in terms of reaching new users and driving organic growth. Kudos to the creative minds behind this concept! πŸŽ‰
Frank Sondors
@tobe_taiwo did you ever try using TikTok to drive traffic to your site?
Frank Sondors
I think TikTok is an untapped opportunity. Could even partner up with influencers in the space.
Nuno Reis
Interesting, we're doing b2b so that option never stood out to us, but for b2c it may be quite big.
Frank Sondors
@nuno_ms_reis I've also seen success in B2B, so that's why I started wondering whether PH community started utilizing the channel or not.
Nuno Reis
@profy17 do you have any examples or articles you could share? I'd be very interested
Frank Sondors
@nuno_ms_reis I've seen TikToks and LinkedIn posts in the past mentioning that TikTok gave them a huge boost in traffic when launching.
I haven't personally used TikTok for my ProductHunt launch but I am definitely open to trying it out! Who doesn't love a good dance challenge to boost their product's visibility?
Frank Sondors
@realvladgolub send me something over once you have the video. I'm looking to start doing TikToks next month or so.
Igor Lysenko
I think it’s more correct to say here that you can promote your product using Tiktok, this is a good platform where the coverage is surprising.
Interesting! Works for B2B as well? πŸ€”
Othmane Khadri
Never thought about it, but if you're thinking about it you may want to check the FreeWater tiktok video that went crazily Viral @profy17
Pranab Buragohain
Too bad it's not accessible in our country. I've recently come to realize how powerful it is, even for B2B businesses. Especially developer tools like kloudmate.com for those building on AWS.
Siqi Gao
Trying to see if we could use Tik Tok to do market research for products - with so much traffic and relatively accurate algo this could be interesting