Thoughts on Adobe's acquisition of Figma?

Tess Meskin
3 replies
I've never been a fan of Adobe. Not only do I feel like I need to remember every tool and shortcut the platform offers, but it reminds me of being in the cockpit of an aircraft that's about to crash. Figma on the other hand takes this complexity out of the mix. It takes this existing knowledge of scary design software (born from Adobe) and turns it on its head with an approachable, intuitive and really fun-to-use platform. The thought of Adobe acquiring Figma feels like we are about to derail this trajectory of simplistic, sophisticated and fun designing/design tools. So in summation, my reaction to this as a Product Designer: 😬

Replies

Sambir
Hi all! A few weeks ago we had the pleasure of collaborating with a digital product design studio on the development of two websites for two different companies. The guys carefully assessed the scope of work and consistently explained to us step by step how and what they would do. We reflected all this in our contract and made an advance payment. In the process of work, we coordinated the intermediate results of creation, and now we are pleased to observe our sites.
KEVIN DAVIS
It will be scary at first, as many have seen Figma as an alternative to Adobe tools. Compare Brokers is a team of qualified professionals that provide advice on how to manage money and assets efficiently.