Thoughts after growing to 200 Twitter followers

Dexter Awoyemi
0 replies
The number of followers is a vanity metric. But why do we share follower counts? Because most people do what they think everyone else is doing. When people share news about how their following (or product) has grown, those posts usually receive high engagement and result in even more followers. "The game is the game" - Avon Barksdale It might be unsettling, but it's the Matthew effect / network effects at play. Highly connected nodes have more distribution, which has the effect of making them attractive / valuable to other nodes in the network. Anyway, I'm mainly focused on sharing the things that I find interesting and connecting with people whose thoughts resonate. I really like my network of Internet friends. I'm always happy to connect with builders. If you're wondering whether it's worth following me on Twitter, I share streams of consciousness on a bunch of topics. Off the top of my head: • Nack AI (get.nack.ai), which you should definitely try 😁 • the intersection of AI and blockchain • how far code + AI could take us • amateur information theory • product development • algorithms to live by • mindful rationality • identity solutions • data viz • fintech https://twitter.com/dextersjab
🤔
No comments yet be the first to help