This is how I saved over $5,000+ as a small startup

Aaron Kong
12 replies
Hey ProductHunt Community, I've seen so many startups go and blast all of their money on subscriptions and end up wasting so much. I wanted to share some tips on how I've been able to easily save tons of money without being extremely frugal. 1. Try to cancel the software immediately after you subscribe to it. Typically companies offer a discount for cancelling to keep you onboarded, but the thing is, it's pretty much just a free discount for you without any trouble whatsoever. You literally get a discount and they get to keep you as a customer, sounds like a win-win to me. 2. Apply for startup plans. I've seen so many people not apply for certain startup plans such as Clickup.com. I honestly stopped reading the "requirements" after I learned that if you ask, people will give. Everyone wants to help out each other at the end of the day. People are just afraid to ask. 3. Utilize software deals. One of the biggest things I've seen absolutely no one utilize is software deals. Websites like JoinSecret, are a complete game changer. They literally have so many deals like waived stripe fees, waived AWS fees (my personal favorite), etc. Honestly doing this has saved my company so much money in subscriptions that it's honestly insane. Hope you guys learned something today!

Replies

William Mills
Thank you for sharing Aaron.
Philipp Jackson
Aaron, hi! Great tips, thanks for sharing!
Daxeel Soni
Can you share more about startup plans?
Aaron Kong
@daxeelsoni Companies offer startup plans and always has something like “requirements” in order to get those plans. They typically don’t care and would just approve your application and you can get up to a 90% discounts depending on your platform.
Julie Joe
What are some SaaS that provides StartupPlan?
Quinn Green
Your tips are gold, Aaron!
George Evans
This budget is not too big.
Henry Habib
Smart moves, thanks for sharing.